Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

petty shop, circa 1971

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gatordave, Jul 17, 2010.

1. gatordave

gatordave

On a trip up north in 1971 I found Petty's shop in North Carolina and stopepd by. Said I was a fan and just wanted to look around. They said fine: go anywhere except the engine shop and don't touch anything.

My how things have changed.

In one of these shots it appears that the Petty drag-racing Barracuda is there, apparently stripped.

Attached Files:

2. Deuces

Deuces
    from Michigan

I love the Superbird.. :D

3. gatordave

gatordave

Yeah, it looks used up. If I had any brains at the time I would have offered them $50 for it and found a way to get it home!

4. Lee Petty stated in an interview long ago that there were many Petty cars AND parts buried behind the Level Cross shop. I can believe that.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Wow! Those are some great photos and that certainly does look like one of the Drag 'Cudas back there. I bet the Petty family purchased the "Petty Blue" paint by the 55-Gallon drum for several decades!

6. Maurice ran the dozer from what I hear.

7. Drooling on keyboard!