Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

Perrys Auto Salon in Rush City, Mn.

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by Tuck, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA

I wanted to introduce the Hamb to Perry's and hopefully pull some Hamb flavored work into the shop. I used to work here when I graduated tech school and left when I went back to College for Industrial Design.

I'm back at Perry's working on old stuff after my shop burned. I plug in early in the morning and then work at home on art and printing at night. I love working here and I really want to keep things going here at the shop if I can.

Since the shop burned I did a complete 58 chev Bel Air convert and I'm just finishing up a 32 vicky-

The 58 had new trunk pans, floor pans, bottoms of the doors, front pockets where the fenders bolt up, capped the fenders- everything was finished off in metal right- and then we went though all the hand blocking stages to get it straight straight.

Same with the Vicky only its a glass car- and we did some major work to get this car to look right and make everything fit- gaps etc- if anyone has had any experience with glass then you're aware of what it takes to straighten a sack of potoatos... :)

We do QUALITY work... no exceptions. I added some pics.

No shortcuts here-

Perry doesn't usually do resto work but as long as I'm around they are. Most of the fab equipment I've been buying I'm prepping to drag into the shop-

Perry's been at this since before I was born... I think he started the shop in the early 70's. I know most of us hambers do this type of stuff ourselves but for those that don't and have the checkbook to pay for this stuff I want to personally recommend this place.

I've learned most of the tricks to becoming a good painter from Perry... Everything else I learned from the Hamb! ;-)

If anyone has anything they need restored in the Midwest, painted... or Custom painted... look us up. If you need references of my work here I could give you a couple numbers.

If you would like us to do some work- Call the shop-
    320-358-4211
    Or call me-
    715-379-3479

Tuck

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  2. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

Great pictures Tuck! You do awesome work!!! Keep it up.
    I will try to send referrals to ya!
    Clark

3. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA

Thanks Clark-
    Heres a YOUTUBE video of me spraying that deuce- kinda cool when you get into it- time lapse----> now we sand it and re-clear it to make it super flat...