Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pat Ganahl's 1932 Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 10, 2009.

1. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Great article by you and Pat, Ryan. Congrats on having Mr. Ganahl write it up for the Jalopy Journal.

As far as the car? Yikes! Beautiful from every angle! Among my fave 32's of all time!

2. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

Pats duece is exactly the way i wouldv built mine if I had kept it. ggg. Reading here about your paint seach reminded me of the color I wanted. In about '58 my Dad custom made that royal purple for me as he was a paint chemist, with help from one of the other chem techs Kenny Perkins, an old OC hot rodder,who was cousin to Stan Betz. I still have the headlites here painted back then, stored in a box to be installed on my 32 2dr. project. Love that color. many things Pat writes here brings back good memories, as I lived in Riverside at the time, right next door to Pats old Corona, cruising grounds .

3. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Ganahl got the tire sizes right vs. the restored Nitti car's too-tall fronts that almost match the rears. Nice to see this one finally finished and looking so period-perfect.

4. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

the only thing that could be better was if it was in my driveway, but, Im sure there is a long wait!

5. sr

sr
    from Monterey

Legendary in every way. Too Tall U rule!

6. Dave@theshore

Dave@theshore

The middle pic in the 2nd row is blown up & will go on my garage wall for inspiration to finish my 5 year project. Not because of it's excellence(Of which there is plenty)but more because of the story that goes with it. It's obviously "Your Car" & the beauty of street rodding is you can/should make yourself happy with what you do.

7. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

What a difference in personality from one set of wheels to another. Sure does look like something Lobeck would have built with those dirt trackers and skinny Michelins.....

8. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

Gorgeous. Perfection.

9. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Pat is too cool, he was always keeping his mind on that car ,some times life got in the way, family ect, but he had a plan and stuck with it, I had the pleasure of Pat shooting one of my cars ,man it seems like years ago , always a great guy easy to talk to ,even if it wasn,t car stuff spoke with him many times , always made time where ever you were , that kinda personality,its is tough to find today ,I was glad when the car got finished he stuck to his guns on it I can not wait till the next time we speak , talkin to him and his personality reminded me of Steve H ,my favorite writer sure do miss seein him around those two guys where very much alike in many ways oh well I,m ramblin or hamblin ah ....you know....

10. Fabulous car, have thought long and hard about purple many times, because of the Nitti Roadster. Have always been afraid it would be too street roddy today, I guess not. Congrats Pat on a great ride and enjoyable story ! The steelies with the Firestones version is amazing.

Johnnie.

11. billylo

billylo

Beautiful car!!!! I love the way it looks with the Firestone's and Halibrand's. Pure SEX!