Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Orange County guys wake up - auction Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stillrunners, Aug 31, 2015.

1. looks like a horder that didn't leave a will - stuff's - going to auction tomorrow....been hear/watching this develop for awhile...

lots of nice Model A cars.....a nice roadster...RPU's....and the like....local news has been covering it.....good luck

2. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

...and not a link in sight..........d'oh!

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. toml24

toml24

I wonder if LOT #67, a tiny experimental aircraft could really get off the ground?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015

5. thanks JJ for the link....the auction house was - Ken Porter Auction's - looked for what they sold about 7pm Dallas time but didn't see any results....hopefully the scarp metal guys didn't clean up....

6. kevinwalshe

kevinwalshe

My dad and brother went to this auction today. $27k for the bentley, 15k for the austin, and I believe 8k for the nice Model A roadster (great deal). He said upon a closer look, pretty much all the other cars were well rotten and not worth much. He was very interested in the 56 Mercedes Benz and the MG, but the Benz was rusted badly and need EVERYTHING. MG was nice but went for more than he was will to pay(didn't mention price). He was unsure of what the other decent A's and rusty T's went for. The parts were not in as good of shape as the pics portrayed, according to him and my brother.

7. 3oldcars

3oldcars

The 34 pick-up went for $20,500, roadster pick-up went for $7,200. The above post is right there was a lot of rusty junk there.

8. thank's Kevin for the update - looks like the same auctioneer has another one thru the city with a a 1965 Vette in not so good shape and a pretty good looking black 57 Chevy 2 door post.....kinda wondered what the little plane brought ?

9. and thanks 3oldcars...wasn't sure....thought there were some doors that looked good and the A truck bed....what about the V/8 A sedan ?

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for info

11. try to pass the auctions on for those in the area.....sometimes you can catch the other guys sleeping....or just out of money.....that 57 Chevy still had the black plates......good luck....

12. The Austin Healey went for $25k, not 15. Most everything went high, except for the early VW bus. The A's went in the 6-8,000 range. The Scrapers got NOTHING :)

13. thanks Don for the info - usually why they have auctions - so the bid against each other get's it higher than we hoped - glad nothing went to the scrappers....do we say we did good....?

14. kevinwalshe

kevinwalshe

Oops, my dad is in his 70's. Don't shoot the messenger! hahaha He tends to forget the details. ;)

15. Kevin....thank your dad for being there....wish/thought youse guys would have got some deals.....that 34 pick up looked nice in the pics....must have been real nice in person....along with that roadster....it looked good as well....I kinda regret the "wake up"....post....heard about the find/city delima about a year back...from what's been told he was on the city's radar for clean up for years.....

Lawrence