Register now to get rid of these ads!

opel pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by american opel, Jun 7, 2007.

1. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

hope some people liked my opel.looking for any pictures of my first wheely.wanted to do more but i bent part of my steering on first one.had to much fun to ruin it!{hurt car or someone else.

2. metalshapes

metalshapes
    Tech Editor

Very cool car...

Pics off your other Threads.

Attached Files:

3. Ramblur

Ramblur

Sorry,no wheelstand pics here. But here's a pic of mine in Ohio circa. 1977.

[​IMG]

4. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

anyone else have any pics.of old opel dragcars?

Attached Files:

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. brandon

brandon

a couple norm paddock rides.

anyone know any info on the pair....or where the mini brute ended up ...? the kadet looks a little like the old clark and clark car, but norm did say he built quite a few back then....

Attached Files:

6. brandon

brandon

found another :rolleyes::D

Attached Files:

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I like the late 40s and early 50s Opels that look like 39-40 Oldsmobiles.

8. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

how do I add several small attachments instead of one pic at a time to a post?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  9. brandon

brandon

hit the manage attachments button....then it should come up with a box with 7 browse buttons...or atleast mine does.:D

10. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

OK, I got it now. Thanks!

11. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

thats a cool pic.looks like alot of nice lace.keep them coming.

12. brandon

brandon

the multi green kadet and the brotherhood car were both norm paddock cars....any more info on the other green kadet? wondering if it might have belonged to a friend of mine. norm told me that when he got started doing the opels , he had his wife doing the fiberglass fronts. said that worked until she was pregnant, then the glass work went to another company (whom , i can not remember at this time....:rolleyes:) think his mold was used on brad andersons opel......

13. deucegasser

deucegasser

Any one have any pics of OPEL KADETT station wagons,drag or stock? Mom had one when I was in junior high and I always wanted to cut it up and make a drag car.

14. brandon

brandon

there was a kadet wagon ex-gasser for sale locally a few years back.....showed up when i was playing bob the builder and out of cash.:rolleyes: (this seems to be a reoccurring theme, especially with opels:mad:) wonder if anyone got a shot of it , it was on racing junk for a while as well............

15. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

I don't remember who raced that Green one. It had a 7UP decal on it. I will see if I have any other photos.

16. ken carroll

ken carroll

America opel , i found a 1948 ford anglia , old gasser . The guy who raced it up dated to an opel and used the chassis from the anglia .wondered the history of your car ? Ken carroll 419-483-7546

17. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

Here's my 59 - one pic before motor install and one after.

Attached Files:

18. Opel GT Drag Cars ...

Jr. Thompson vs. K.S. Pittman (AA/GS):
    Jr Thompson & KS Pittman Opel GTs - circa 1971 (photo by Charles Gilchrist).jpg

Jr. Thompson (AA/GS):
    Jr Thompson AA-GS Opel GT.jpg Jr. Thompson Wainright Opel GT & Plymouth Satellite FC.jpg

Bob Panella & Fred Miner's "El Padrone" (BB/GS) driven by Tom Chambliss:
    El Padrone Opel GT - circa 1973 - Bob Panella's barn in Stockton, Ca.jpg El Padrone Opel GT - circa 1973 - Sacramento Intl Raceway.jpg El Padrone Opel GT - Turbocharged HEMI - circa 1973 - Sacramento Intl Raceway.jpg

19. Jr. Thompson / Big John Mazmanian Opel Kadett (AA/GS):

LIONS.jpg IRWINDALE.jpg Jr Thompson Opel Kadett.jpg
    Thompson-Mazmanian Opel Kadett AA-GS.jpg In the Pits.jpg JrThompson(1).jpg
    JrThompson(2).jpg JrThompson(3).jpg Door.jpg
    Jr Thompson Opel - 1 (by Doug Hayes).jpg Jr Thompson Opel - 2 (by Doug Hayes).jpg Jr Thompson Opel - 3 (by Doug Hayes).jpg
    CHRR(1).jpg CHRR(2).jpg JrThompsonOpel_CHRR2008_HutchPhoto.jpg

20. Not a drag car ... but here's some pics of the "BILL WARD RACING" Unblown Modified Sports (MS)
    Opel GT Bonneville racecar:

Speed Week 1990.jpg Speed Week 2003.jpg Speed Week 2007.jpg
    #30 Opel GT on display @ Livermore Muffler.jpg John demonstrates one of the engine configurations.jpg John Paxson sits in the driver's seat of the Opel GT.jpg

The car has put 3 different drivers into the prestigious Bonneville 200 MPH Club ... and set several Bonneville records ... including the:

- AA/MS record in 1989 with a two-way average of 243.338 MPH
    - B/MS record in 1995 with a two-way average of 232.183 MPH
    - A/MS record in 1992 with a two-way average of 231.779 MPH
    - D/MS record in 1988 with a two-way average of 222.965 MPH
    - C/FMS record in 2002 with a two-way average of 209.792 MPH
    - C/MS record in 1991 with a two-way average of 207.748 MPH

My neighbor & fellow Hot Rodder, "Jet Car John" * Paxson was the primary driver of the record setting Opel GT.

In 1989, John drove the Opel GT to its fastest speed of ~256 MPH (with a tail wind) ... his return run was ~230 MPH (hence the 243.338 MPH two-way average).

John recently purchased the (retired) racecar from Bill Ward.

* NOTE: John's actual nickname was "Rocket Man" ... In the '70s he piloted hydrogen peroxide-fueled Rocket Dragsters (in 1975, he drove the ARMOR-ALL Rocket Dragster to a best ET of 4.80 and a top speed of 330 MPH) ... but I've always known him as "Jet Car John".

21. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

heres one of the grove brothers kadett.not sure how good of a pic.well its too big of a pic.and i dont know how to compress.its a kool pic. though.

22. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

does anyone have the pic.of the grove brothers kadett.its too big and i cant upload it.

23. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Hope you don't mind if I jump in. A little off topic for this thread. Here is a picture of my Dad's Opel that we will be doing a little nostalgia racing with this year. there doesn't seem to be very many of them out there.:)

Attached Files:

24. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

so is he going to bring it to thompson?it looks great,how about more info and pics.hows the fiat comming along?

25. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

We would really like to make it to Thompson. The Fiat has the drivetrain installed, engine plate, tranny mounts, shortend driveshaft. Roll cage and steering will be next when the money is there. here is a pic of the Opel's Engine and tranny.

Attached Files:

26. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

hope to see you there!!!man i wish we could have hooked up at thompson.i was pretty busy and wish you could have done my car.another local guy said he would do it and i have called him ever since with no avail.i guess thats the way it goes.

27. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

That is the way it goes. I have always said "good things come to those who wait" When the time comes and you get the paint work done ot will look awesome and you will appreciate it that much more. You could always bring your car out to my shop and we'll do it up. Hey half the fun is getting there.:D

28. moparron426

moparron426

here are a few more :cool:

Attached Files:

29. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

cool pics.thanks.

30. 666Irish

666Irish

I've always liked the looks of the Opel Gt. Looks like someone left a Corvette in the Dryer too long.