Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical One piece windows chop top

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 41choptop, Sep 29, 2015.

1. 41choptop

41choptop

Hi guys, I'm looking for some help finding and figuring out how to do a one piece side window in a chop top 41 chevy. I bought the car like this but no side glass. I'm getting a power window kit but not sure how to go about deleting the wing ( that's not there)

Thanks for any tips

2. Your going to have to fabricate a new channel at the leading edge of the door. HRP

Paint Guru and 41choptop like this.
  3. 41choptop

41choptop

Thanks for the reply. I did see a "kit" with channels it it worth buying or just bend the parts myself. Also what about the seals?

4. hacknwhack

hacknwhack
    from mass

You may have a clearance problem with the upper hinge reinforcement.inside the door.
    Not sure on your chevy

5. I don't know if this will help you. I did a chopped '55 chevy with a deleted vent window (back in the 80's), someone added a little more channel in front of the original glass channel. I moved the original front glass jamb (vertical) guides more to the front (where the vent used to be). I didn't have any problems operating the window with the added area and weight to compensate for the deleted vent (using the original window operating system).

41choptop likes this.
  6. Fabricate new channel. Talk to Restoration Specialties, they have everything you need and know their stuff.

41choptop likes this.
  7. 41choptop

41choptop

Thanks all, I'll check out restoration specializes. I don't have a problem with fabrication and doing it just need some guidance. I'm heading to Carlisle this weekend, hopefully I can find one to look at to get a good idea

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

post pics of your ride

9. 41choptop

41choptop

Screenshot_2015-09-21-11-54-28.png i0000010_2.jpg Here she is 20150907_083558.jpg

Paint Guru likes this.
  10. Try finding the original vent windows and use the channels (guides) by cutting them off the vents...if that's possible. Weld a mounting bracket at the top. I think that's how the '55 was done.

41choptop likes this.
  11. When you get thru with your side windows,,PLEASE turn your attention the those fugly headlights...also complete your profile page here on the HAMB

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  12. 41choptop

41choptop

You don't like the light or the way it was done? I did order tri bar headlights with built in turn signals

13. 41choptop

41choptop

Ok did a quick search and figured out the headlight comment lol. The Hagan kit does seem to be hated. That would be way down on my to do list. This merc kit does look better but the car needs attention elsewhere to be road worthy. It runs and drives but needed wiring that's about half done. The rear suspension doesn't move like it should so I have to do that. Then wheel cylinders. Lots of little stuff. I also have nicer wheels and tires for it

14. 41choptop

41choptop

Thanks for the tip on restoration specializes, found them at Carlisle and got what I needed. Very nice, knowable guys. Got the door and trunk weather strip to

15. pangoner

pangoner

Just seen this in Craig's List in pittsburgh . Nice ride

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

41choptop likes this.
  16. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

41choptop likes this.
  17. 41choptop

41choptop

Thanks, I did get it in Pittsburgh. Came from ny from what I know