Register now to get rid of these ads!

One of those once in a lifetime things "Hernia J"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by four-thirteen, Oct 19, 2006.

1. rixrex

rixrex

Very Cool car...I wanted to add to the "They are still out there" part of the story, and hopefully hear from other guys with the same tales...I've started on a 51 Chevy hardtop that was raced in the San Antonio/Austin area in the late 60s, early 70s, it has a 57 Pontiac rearend with some vintage Marsh racing slicks, sparse, sheet tin interior, one piece I can tell used to be some sort of street sign, the welding in the front, engine mounts,radiator support,leaf spring mounts, is all sound and good looking. it ran an early 50s Chevy truck front axle and a BB 396..it has "Ferguson" painted in the driver position underneath the side door glass. it is still the stock light green with dark green roof, anyone remember this car??....Rick

2. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

I am building a "J" Gasser and need to know where to start. Could you take pics of the front suspension on this ride and give me specs as best you can? Keep pics coming of the buildup.

3. KICK ASS FIND!!! If it weren't for old car guys like us these things would only make a block of recycleable metal to be turned into a thin sheetmetaled things they are poping out now. Keep it old and do it right!!

TIIIIMMMMMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. abone1930

abone1930

Really cool old Henery. Any updates.

5. A 2 1/2 year old thread with 64 posts and NOBODY mentioned the cool box between the bucket seats with typewriter keys for the trans!!!!!

6. I've got a bit more machine work to do on the motor, but its coming along.

That box, along with the rest of the sheetmetal in this car is half the thickness of a pop can. It must have bounced around quite a bit with that near rigid rear end and solid motor mounts.

7. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

Awsome thread. I love Henry J's.

Any update pics?

8. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Wow dude. That's a kick ass story and even more amazing that Rich has trusted you with his old hot rod. Don't let him down.

9. Interesting that this thread popped back up. I just started in on it again after letting it sit for a while.

10. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Do you have any build pics?

11. Scotch

Scotch

You need to bring this to the Hot Rod BBQ!!

12. What a amazing find/story can't wait for update pics................