Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Navy store prop trucks - worth anything?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by montclaire, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

...never mind then...

2. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

There was one of those trucks for sale at the NSRA north's swap meet. Do you thunk I would've aquired about it nooo. I should've just for the couriosity of it.

3. Marketing 101 (and Old Navy... aka The Gap... quite literally wrote the book):

Create a product
    Create a "buzz"
    Sell the product for a profit.

If you think they're going to give these away I have a nice bridge you can buy to park your new truck on.

[​IMG]

You guys crack me up.

4. diamond dave

diamond dave

hell, there's tons of those truck around my area. if you want one bad enough, I'll paint one blue and letter the old navy logo on the side for ya. then you can impress all your friends. only you and I will be the wiser.
    but seriously, they are probably gonna be way over priced for what they are. the one in my mall is a raggedy old p.o.s.

5. nope not me!

6. I was in the one in West Hills, CA last night buying T-shirts and boxers. I took a quick look at the Chevy AD 3-window and it has an engine and trans (floor shifter's there). I wish I would've seen this thread beforehand, then I wouldn't have gone to an Old Navy :D, or I would've looked to see if the frame was a two-piece. I'll probably go by some other local ones to look for a specific T-shirt in my size and maybe snap a few pictures to add to the "ether" (as someone said in this thread; I'm not certain what that means).

Thanks,
    Kurt

PS- Here's a cross-link, for the halibut.

7. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

i emailed thet guy a while back with the frame, he ha dit on craigslist, he said a guy bought one of those trucks and they did some work to it, he couldnt help me other than he was willing to build an old navy truck for me. um no thats ok, ill pass.

8. montclaire

montclaire

Ok, update. These trucks are being phased out, but not every district is doing so. The districts that are phasing them out will only ditch their trucks when the store is up for a remodel. So yes, you can get them, and some have already been given away, but they are not all being cleared out at the same time.

9. squid

squid

According to Old Navy reps, The company that supplied these trucks is called Alan Brasington Inc. or www.brasington.com but I havent been able to get a reply by phone or email as of yet. If anyone is able to contact them please find out about any of the stores ini S.W. missouri. Good luck guys, I hope someone has fun with this. Squid

10. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA correct you are sir:D

11. HotRodRick49

HotRodRick49

Some people REALLY need to read what was posted before them. I've see maybe 12 different people, say the same things someone else did.

12. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

ORONOGO! home of metal sheds.

13. squid

squid

Not anymore, We had another tornado- Now we got metal sleds :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

14. squid

squid

You from s.w. Mo 53sled ?????

15. 38zephyr

38zephyr

A rep. from Old navy came to our business years back and asked me to bid on building 100 of those trucks for display at the stores . They wanted no drivetrain , for weight savings and ease of movement . I think I bid $5000 per truck which I thought was pretty reasonable , didn't get the job . It sounds like a great job , but think about how much work and time it would actually take to build 100 matching copies on a schedule ! I had 3 or 4 AD trucks sitting at the shop already , seemed like 20 or so cheap $1000 to $2000 rollers to snap up locally , but then what ? They even said at the time a rolling fiberglass copy might have been okay , would have been cheaper to do , would have looked that way too though .

16. gldnone86

gldnone86
    from Fresno Ca

its true some of the smaller old navy stores will be allowed to get rid of there trucks that are on display . what do you think the truck is worth

17. gldnone86

gldnone86
    from Fresno Ca

if your interested in finding out more information about the old navy trucks or interested in buying an old navy truck send me a message

18. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Whatever someone is willing to pay.

19. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

The old navy in bakersfield still has its truck.

20. ONInside

ONInside

These trucks did indeed come from a single source... stores that went through the 2007 Refresh (remodel) got rid of trucks. A store am familiar with got directions from a construction manager that it would be salvaged. The truck has become iconic to the brand and direction did not allow a process to auction or give-away trucks. The store did find someone that was interested in salvaging the truck for free... and he dropped by and towed it out overnight. He has since been working on refurbishing this truck. ON voluntariy halted salvaging of these trucks because the inital source was interested in purchasing the remaining inventory and is working on getting the capital to do so. All stores are scheduled for complete remodels by 2009 and all trucks will be pulled by EOY 2009. If the original source cannot find the capital I would Speak to a local manager just before refresh or remodel and they may be able to contact the local construction manager. His job is to keep cost down and he will most likely be able to work out a pick-up.

21. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

I myself just glow at the thought of hundreds, maybe thousands of phones ringing at those shitty stores with gay commercials, and greasy wild-eyed dudes creeping in from every direction like zombies on a path to hell, mumbling and staring past the yuppie clothes filled racks at the truck shells they so madly desire, all the while soccer moms and little kids flee back to the safety of their vans and SUV's. and the checkout girl lays in the fetal position behind the counter crying and just wanting to be anywhere but there!!!!..........Oh I'm sorry, did I say all that out loud?

22. Hop-up

Hop-up

They got a bunchh of those from the shop i help in out in La Grange.

23. tantus100

tantus100
    from Ohio

I've got 4 of these trucks. Anyone interested?

24. tantus100

tantus100
    from Ohio

I've got an Old Navy truck in Columbus Ohio. Are you interested?

25. 5window

5window

So first do an intro,so we can welcome you. Then post what you've got-shells, complete trucks, running condition, make, model,etc. Somebody's always interested, it's just money,time and distance.

26. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

I think someone may be trying to blow smoke... I was told my the Old Navy store here that they are being given to non-profit and charities to do with what they want...

</minus>

27. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

They came to take the one out of the store here localy (wifes job) last night. Wouldnt fit through the doors. Had to piece it back together before the store opened. LOL

Said someone in Nebraska bought all from Nebraska and 8 Oklahoma stores.

They are phasing them out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.