Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Old Ford Garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hdonlybob, May 28, 2015.

1. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Came across this picture of an old Ford Garage in Brodhead Wisconsin Ford Garage OLD.jpg ...about (12) blocks from where I live....I remember it well.
    Unfortunately it was torn down a few years back....

Cooon, Phillips, Model T1 and 4 others like this.
  2. cool, i can't tell from the photos how the garage door opened. do you remember if they swung out or if it is an overhead?

3. Very cool. Shame it had to be torn down. Progress I guess.:rolleyes:

olcurmdgeon likes this.

4. colinsmithson

colinsmithson

Very nice brings back memories

5. The doors appear to be "swingers".

6. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Boy sure does bring back memories! T and T Ford in my hometown in the early 60s. Had a building across the street from the dealership that looked like that. All the old parts were stored there. If you knew someone, as most of us teens did, you could get the key and go over there to search for hot rod parts. I remember boxes of '40 tail light lenses, banded bunches of early head light bars, fenders, and tons of small parts. And best part was when you bought what you needed, they went back in the big old green parts book (remember those, about 3" thick) and charged you the "back in the day" prices! After I went in Navy, '65, I heard some CA outfit bought the contents of the building and took a semi load west.

7. Reminds me of a trip to Alberta Canada back in 2000 to pick up a '27 T. I found it while up there for an exercise when I was in the Air Force. On the way back we stopped at a station for fuel and it was a former Ford dealer/garage from way time past. The guy took one look at the "heap" on my trailer and said "you wanna see what one looks like finished?" He took me back in the old garage and there sat a pristine '29 Roadster P/U. He took me for a ride while my wife stayed at the station and chatted with the Dad who was in hid 80's and still came out and pumped the gas and cleaned your windows.

Model T1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Damn. Dreams are made of this. Right click, save.

volvobrynk, Saxman and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I have not heard that name Brodhead Wisconsin since back in the 60's when there was a kart track there.

I think I still have the jacket with the track name on it that they gave out as a prize back in those day's.

Jimbo

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

11. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Yes, the doors were swing out type.
    And that Go Kart Track is still here and very active !!

12. Model T1

Model T1

We lived a few blocks from the old Ford garage in central Illinois. It moved to auto row with all the other dealerships. A used car lot was at the old garage, still with an attic full of old NOS Model A and T parts. Fenders for $12.50 and prices like that. At that time, in the 60's, I didn't have an extra $12.50.
    Sadly even just before moving to Florida in the early 90's there were old gas stations and garages deserted, with old signs. I saw those also here in NW Florida. Progress came and all but a few are long gone.
    We figured those old buildings would be around forever.

13. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

GOOD GOSH...
    What a DOPE I am..
    Coming home a few minutes ago I swung by the old site of this Ford Garage to take a picture of the new storage sheds now in it's place...when I drove around back I about crapped my pants...
    IT IS STILL THERE...I had thought they tore it down when they put up the new sheds...NOT..
    Soooooo,
    Here a two pictures of it as it stands today :)
    Ford Garage Brodhead Old ONE.JPG Ford Garage Brodhead Old TWO.JPG

Cooon, kidcampbell71, Muttley and 3 others like this.
  14. i guess if it has a blue oval on the front it lasts forever.:rolleyes:

15. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

That should be put on the Historic Register and saved!!!

16. think it was built in the early 30's?
    i can see the real estate ad;
    Fine barn, 1932 ford 2 door, all steel, second owner, complete, glass good, some rust along bottom, needs paint and interior, hasn't been run in a few years.

17. fargoguy

fargoguy

Was that garage by any chance in Saskatchewan? Evan

18. It would have been nice if got saved as a historical building.

19. I do believe it was. I'd have to look on a map to give a better idea of where it was. All I know is we were about out of gas and this place popped up out of nowhere. It was the best fuel stop I've ever had.

20. ...that would make a super clubhouse for a car club.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  21. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

What a location for HAMB ers get together!

Hdonlybob likes this.
  22. See sometimes you are home again and don't even know it!