Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Old 32 ford 3 window coupe "hot rod" found

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by titus, Dec 17, 2016.

1. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Might sound heretical but.....to cut off this and redo that turns it into a car that's going to have the same "look" as many other 3 windows.
    May look traditional but what sets it apart?
    Just a thought, easy to comment on a car I don't own or have to spend money on;)
    Hmmmmm ... I wonder if I'll see it at GSTA

firstinsteele likes this.
  2. Titis, I will make you good on your investment and you can keep the frame and mechanicals. Or, put another way, you would get a 100 mph capable chassis and drive line for free. This is a no brainer. Shoot me a PM. Bibb

30tudor likes this.
  3. so "Nobody notable built it "......wow that's like about 98 % of the guys on here.....

4. titus

titus

dont worry @partsdawg it wont look like all the "others" when im done with it!

62hotcat, clem, 56pickup and 4 others like this.
  5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Friend had a '32 3window in High School back in 1968, frame was cut at the firewall with a '35 Plymouth frame section and axle added. It got sold, second guy crashed it and it was totaled, always wondered if any of it is still around. Bob

6. Both my 36 sedan and 41 pickup have some of the same WTF engineering. It was a sort of anything goes mentality coupled with "unusual" skill sets. Or lack thereof.

Congrats on a great find!

Hotdoggin DaddyO and bchctybob like this.
  7. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

damn Titus! all the luck. I really cant wait to see what you get done to this

8. rockfish

rockfish

Glad to see another shoebox ford being saved. Let me know if you need that body hauled away as you focus on the shoebox. :D

9. missysdad1

missysdad1

Best course of action: Cut off everything that isn't '32 Ford, throw it away and start all over again with just the body. What a great find!

10. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I like it. Fix the front half and drive!

Racer29 likes this.
  11. HotRodWillys

HotRodWillys
    from California

Hot rod ingenuity at its finest! :eek: Nice little treasure!

12. Toqwik

Toqwik

I love the ingenuity of the car. I would leave the frame alone or pull it all and start new. Dont ruin that frame. Look at the classifieds there are plenty of 32s for sale in various interpretations of what they feel is vintage. You have the definition of hot rodding, don't destroy it. Just MHO.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

firstinsteele likes this.
  13. b-bob

b-bob

That's what i would do,that body is in good shape, just get rid of the shoebox parts and build it right.

14. ...I'm bettin Titus doesn't throw anything away!...just about everything will get recycled/re-used.

loudbang likes this.
  15. I can't believe anyone would want to save that car, as is. Good Grief!!! It was a misbegotten, misshaped, clunky looking POS when it was first built. Time has not cured it of it's past. It is even more awful looking today.
    Fix it right

62hotcat, Hudson31, Tman and 8 others like this.
  16. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

The fact that it's not chopped is a major bonus. That frame has got to go, I would be very leery of it. A Stock frame with stock firewall, channeled over the frame would be a very respectable way to bring this old rod back to life. Anyway you look at it, that's a very cool find.

loudbang likes this.
  17. titus

titus

Yep, ill recycle alot of stuff off it, im probably going to go with a horne 4x2 topped y-block motor with an adaptor and a 39 box with 40 rear end with shortened torque tube.

ill probably sell the edmunds heads, fenton intake, complete overdrive set up and what other misc shoebox stuff is salvageable and sell able to recoop some money towards the car as it wasnt a give away price but it was still a fair price to me and for what it is.

heres a few more body shots! its pretty damn good

STAY TUNED FOR THE DISSECTION TOMORROW!!

IMG_6188.jpg IMG_6189.jpg IMG_6190.jpg IMG_6192.jpg

18. I've red on her that the bes way 2 go furum a Flathead to a Y-Block is to use a hole 57 Ford frame, firewall an all...Than you git the wirin and neign inch rear.

BradinNC, kiwijeff, brad2v and 4 others like this.
  19. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a great find! I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

20. 66gmc

66gmc

It amazes me the amount of work some people go to, just to avoid building engine mounts and upgrading the brakes ect. Sadly I still see a lot of old cars get butchered up by people with the same mentality, most of them end up for sale as half finished projects (ever see a 1930s chevy sedan on a ford escape chassis?)
    Im all for preserving history, and not building a belly button car, but it was ugly back then, and its still ugly today.
    I look forwards to seeing it resurrected.

loudbang likes this.
  21. Anything you do to that poor oil' girl Titus will be just fine. Poor ol' 3 winder got a lot of things done to her that fall into the "just because ya can doesn't mean ya should..."

Have at it!

22. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

I take your the one that bought the 32 front frame rails in the classifieds...That body looks pristine in pictures....

23. titus

titus

nope, those were to short, fortunately i have a front frame section in stock!

loudbang likes this.
  24. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Nice find, I like the Shoebox theme the coupe has.

dualquads likes this.
  25. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

Great find! Make it a 32 again. I am sure a shoe box guy could use the parts.

26. Bubba1955

Bubba1955

Wow...No matter what is or isn't right about that car that body is incredible!!
    Great score!!

27. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Think of it this way, the builder saved a great '32 coupe shell by sacrificing a shoebox. It was a dangerous and fiercely ugly half-finished pile of shit when he stopped. Why would you want to save that?!

BHRS and The37Kid like this.
  28. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    kbgreen likes this.
  29. Nice body, at least the majority of it. I would guess that the original 32 had a front end collision, probably tweaked the frame rails and messed up the 32 firewall. A rusted out body donor shoebox was used to patch up the the 32 and "upgrade" it in the original builder's vision. That has a lot of good potential, once you remove the "upgrades".

Late to the Party likes this.