Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration =O= Friday Art Show 17-02-2017 =O=

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruisin', Feb 16, 2017.

1. Evening all, how the hell are ya?
    Back in the hot seat, so a couple from me...

IMG_7819_A4polohdrorthdrtintntortbrtb&w50logo.jpg
    IMG_7815_A4polorthdrfixcropwarmcptntbrtortbrtfillite60oillogo.jpg

2. Mark A

Mark A
    from Michigan

Beautiful start. Thank you for all the likes for the last show.. Old stuff this week. And a new one. 49 shoebox1.jpg Ava - Sketch-1A1.jpg Nice & Clean3.jpg ROD2.jpg

DougO68, Hookedtrout, JimC and 35 others like this.
  3. I did this sketch of Tommy Mills , driving his 32 roadster around the track at the Jalopy Showdown. I know that he had blast a doing it. I brought several pounds of the track back to Va. in the UFO myself. It was so much FUN! Tommy was a great HOT RODDER, and I saw how much fun he had with his cool little roadster . We will all miss him. It is so sad to be losing all of these great guys. So this is my tribute to Tommy. Prayers for his family and friends. 021.jpg Ron...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  4. Loosey-Goosey quick sketches from me. Just came off a killer storyboarding romp, about 8 hrs sleep over the past three days, which has kept me from drawing cars.
    I did, however, take time for a few 5 minute sketches... I kept them in their most basic, rawest form to show you the first step in my process, before I go in to fix inaccurate details or proportions.
    Hope to gets me a hot rod drawn tomorrow!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. GaryC.

GaryC.

An idea for a single-make endurance racing series.
    Cars would all use the same basic body, but would be allowed to use whatever engine
    and suspension the builder chose. A cross between LeMans and Can Am. KEEL CONCEPT.png

JimC, selectedgrub, b-bop and 25 others like this.
  6. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

1958 Pontiac (or "Take me to your leader")

IMG_6353.JPG

7. GaryC.

GaryC.

This car started out as a chicken coupe purchased for $11.00
    in 1952 and evolved into one of the first, and cleanest, mid-engine drag coupes of the '60s.
    Last sighting was in the early '80s.
    speed_sport_1932_chevy_drag_coupe_by_garycampesi-d8kmtwr.jpg

29bowtie, Hookedtrout, JimC and 41 others like this.
  8. Bitchin Gary...

170217\'57Chevert.jpg

Ink

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  9. Frogz

Frogz

Awesome artwork Gary!
    Soon ready to eat the road, a badass Dauphine, now in construction:

[​IMG]

10. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

11. I'm having a couple of weeks off, painting the gas station petrol tank caps, as the guy I do em for, is riding his old Indian motorcycle up to the North Island.

Figured I'd share part of a mural, done by Les Holmes, my high school art teacher.
    Here's the first automobile to come to my little part of paradise. IMG_20170217_213054.jpg IMG_20170215_105336.jpg

12. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

13. robber

robber

..."Morning Glory"...:) cp 730.jpg

carl.p, john mullen, Jet96 and 22 others like this.
  14. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-2-17_5-15-46.png 1971-72
    Hello,

When we were enjoying riding around So Cal with our Harley, I kept wanting to modify the quality of the bike. So, I designed a disc brake system for the front with a more streamlined front fender. But, it was only to find out a month or two later at a car/bike show in Long Beach that a friend had made one for his highly modified Harley street chopper.
    upload_2017-2-17_5-18-3.png upload_2017-2-17_5-18-18.png
    The other item was a slip-on leather triangle that covered the custom chrome “sissy”bar that I designed. It was smooth on both sides and looked good without any embellishments. I drew a flame pattern to see what it might look like, but it ended up laced and plain. That would be too much leather tooling, too.

The last thing drawn during this motorcycle design phase was a small shoulder bag for a camera, two lenses and film canisters. That I could sling over my shoulder diagonally and not hinder riding. This was before all of the designer handbags/shoulder bags came on the scene.
    upload_2017-2-17_5-19-14.png
    upload_2017-2-17_5-19-52.png upload_2017-2-17_5-20-11.png
    Shortened version still on the 35mm slr camera, today, 46 years later.

One idea that worked was a custom shoulder/neck camera strap that made it much more comfortable for the camera to be slung over the neck when carrying several cameras to photo shoots. No, it was not leather as the stock ones were skinny, hard leather. These were from my wife’s collection of sewing accessories for edging and trims for dresses and jackets. (Left over from the 60’s clothing designs.) She made several lengths to easily attach to our multiple 35mm Pentax cameras as well as the 2.25 twin lens Mamiya camera. They were very stylish and comfortable. The original one was longer for an over the shoulder/cross body hang. Over time, the strap kept getting shorter and shorter as the camera accessibility changed. (Hiding inside of a long jacket for public shots, long version… quick indoor accessibility for party shots, short version.)

Jnaki

Those straps became staples many years later in the photography world as commercial straps for replacing those skinny hard leather ones that always bit into your neck and shoulders. Even guitar players used the wide, commercial straps for comfortable guitar playing, today.

15. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

buick.JPG 37.JPG pontiac.JPG Track.JPG here is a few this week

16. Moose's Speed Shop....No harm in dreaming, Right??

Hamb.jpg

Jimmy B, carl.p, JimC and 29 others like this.
  17. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

18. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

car-1.jpg car-3.jpg car-2.jpg One of my friends had this old peddle car in his iron pile. He drug it out of a junk yard in Minnesota in the sixties. It was rusted in half, so I grabbed it and sliced it completely in half and made a "wall hanger" out of it. I painted my car club logo and possibly will add a wind screen in the future. Gary

19. skipstitch

skipstitch

Screenshot (412).png
    Working on a red oxide '29 roadster.

carl.p, JimC, Speedys Garage and 14 others like this.
  20. skipstitch

skipstitch

An early version, playing with a Hallock style windshield Screenshot (294).png

21. sololobo

sololobo

hot stuff kids, and a shout out to 2nd chance on the pedal car art, way cool

Mark A likes this.
  22. ...I vote Ron Brown "most improved artist" in the last month;...at least I think so, how bout you guys?
    ...I also have a 38 Chev in progress, ...a Model A, a custom 40 Ford p.u. and an AD p.u.
    ...almost don't want to finish the 38 as it leaves more to the imagination, but probly will finish it for next week.
    ...great show guys...and thanks for the "likes".
    fri art 17 020.jpg fri art 17 025.jpg fri art 17 027.jpg fri art 17 028.jpg

23. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

Mark A, Jigger and Animal like this.
  24. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

Rusty, also a fan of your drawings!

Ron Funkhouser and Mark A like this.
  25. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

LOL! On the same thought page with this alien. (mirror image of '36 Desoto Airflow) Untitled-Stitched-04.jpg

26. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

Nice one, Bob!

57 Corvette ~ Bob likes this.
  27. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys....its funny...I get done with one, sit back and look at it and see all the mistakes and think "what the hell?" Like the Pontiac hood ornament that doesn't line up with the piece its attached to...it should line up on center....I have a tendency to pick them apart after the fact Oh well, Ill get the hang of this sooner or later.

Animal and Mark A like this.
  28. Latigo

Latigo

image.jpg This week I have a '28 fresh out of the barn.

29. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER