Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Norm Grabowski: "Norm In The Movies" !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

wicarnut...
    You & me BOTH ! Connie Stevens was with us a few years ago at the KKOA in Salina...she's still pretty cool ! And when Norm talks about "77 Sunset Strip", & "Wire Service" you can tell how much he credited those shows as the "springboard" for both his, and the T-Bucket's, career's in Hollywood.
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage170.html
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    mad mikey and wicarnut like this.
  2. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

V8 Bob...
    Hey, thanks ! That's one to check-0ut ! Norm was just so proud of that Caddy engine in the T ! He loved crusin' Hollywood Blvd. in it because hearing those pipes & his wolf whistle always attracted the chicks !!
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

Jigger and mad mikey like this.
  3. Norm was truly, one of a kind. What a interesting life he had, a real free spirit:D:D

4. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Norm Grabowski. Truly, he was an amazing man. My favorite memory of him is his appearance on an episode of Discovery channels "Monster Garage " in which he helped build a '54 Chevrolet custom. They installed one of his hand carved tiki heads in the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D My Mom and Dad sure liked his TV and movie roles.When he appeared in TV episodes and my Mom saw him she would holler Dad come and see.Here`s that "Grabby" fellow we like.He for sure is missed.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

6. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Bowtie Coupe and mad mikey like this.
  7. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

chryslerfan55...
    Thanks for reminding us of that episode. I remember it well...and he was a true mastercraftsman at wood working & carving ! Just one very creative hot rodder who loved life to the hilt. http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage170.html

Your memories, and ours, is what helps keep his spirit alive,
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

Bowtie Coupe and mad mikey like this.
  8. You're very welcome Jonnie. If there's one thing I'll always remember about "ol Norman " it's that he was a great character and craftsman. RIP Norm

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Hard to believe 5 years have gone by since Norm was called away.

Norm_Detail_02.jpg

10. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Leo,
    Great story ! Norm loved being in the Movies & on TV ! He got to be friends with Elvis, Jim Garner, and, so many, many others...and always spoke well of all he worked with.
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  11. Too bad Norm was such a blatant, ugly racist and expressed his hatred of black people in the crudest terms.
    He was an asshole, no hero, might as well have been a KKK member. Count me out guys.

12. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Jigger likes this.
  13. Bakchoy

Bakchoy
    from georgia

Being a Norm fan, I happened to notice years ago while watching the movie The D.I., staring Jack Webb, that Norm was one of the soldiers in the movie. I've never seen that one listed anywhere.

14. Thanks Johnny, glad you like it. I’ll prep and post the full image too.

15. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Bakchoy...
    I don't remember seeing that listed either. Interesting film. Webb was trying to get away from his "Dragnet" image when he put this together in 1957. He directed it, was a Marine Drill Sergeant , and he used many real soldiers in the casting of it. I saw it when I was in high school, and, being that it was filmed in '57, this would have to be one of Norm's very early appearances.

Thanks for catching this !
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net