Register now to get rid of these ads!

non facebook videos

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by NORSON, Feb 9, 2015.

1. NORSON

NORSON

I have a video I took by mistake with my camera. I don't have facebook. I can't seem to post it to a thread. Any way to do it?
    Norm

2. NORSON

NORSON

I've already read that. That assumes you have them on facebook or that other photo program. I don't have either.

3. In order to post a video here, or probably any other online forum, you'll first have to upload a copy of your video to an online video hosting service. They will store the video on their servers and allow it to be linked here as well as certain other websites so it can be viewed worldwide on the internet.

The process is similar to the way still pictures are hosted and shared in the forums here and elsewhere. But videos are a bit more complicated and require considerably more storage space. Ryan generously provides his own server space for still images for HAMB members who want to store their photos here instead of using another image hosting service like Photobucket. But videos, at least for now, have to be stored with an off-site hosting service.

YouTube, and I'm guessing Facebook, are probably the easiest hosting services to use. But there might still be a bit of a learning curve involved as some hosting services may have size restrictions or only allow certain video formats to be uploaded.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015

4. NORSON

NORSON

OK. I understand. The world will never see the latest '32 chopped 3 window find. The only other pictures are some lame close-ups.
    Norm