Register now to get rid of these ads!

No Car, No Knowledge, No Experience

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by CHEN, Oct 21, 2009.

1. CHEN

CHEN

Sup Everybody,

Like the title says, I have no car, no know-how on how to really build a car, and no experience putting cars together....but I feel like I have a pretty good idea on what needs to be done. I've been buildling motorcycles for a little while, and although the two are completely different things, I feel like there is a lot of knowledge that I already have that can apply to cars.

I'm living in Boston and work-space is extremely limited, which may be one of the biggest issues. I do rent out a garage with a few friends; we use the space to build bikes. I'm not sure how much room i'm gonna need for a car, but hopefully I can squeeze on in there.

I wanna build a Model A rod; chop top, channeled, all that stuff that seems to be cliche and done up a lot, but I want to make it my own. I hope to learn some stuff from you fine folks and we'll see how it all goes.

:D
    -Ant

2. skullhat

skullhat

welcome

it can only go uphill from here, lol

skull

3. SOHC427

SOHC427

Welcome,

Gotta start somewhere. A's are cool in my book!
    Eric

4. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey chen...welcome. just put the heater down and ill tell you every thing i know HA! which isnt much. my son just finished his 27 T and believe me its all work. your new friend in texas yeeehaaa! call me POP

5. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome from Illinois

6. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Finished??? Pop, I sure don't feel finished lol. Headed out to the garage now in fact. Ant, there have been plenty of guys on here built there cars in single hole garages and I have even seen some at least partially build there cars INSIDE there apartments! I think dreddybear did that lol. I don't know how though...I have a pretty good sized double garage and have completely taken it over.
    There ain't nothing wrong with a Model A...perfect American hotrod!

7. hscott

hscott

Welcome from NC. Plenty to read and learn here!

8. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

You are better off than the other guys out there who think they know it all and don't know anything . Stay open minded.
    Welcome Dude

9. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

All you need is an open mind and deep pockets.

10. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Learning is free, time is free, you can't buy cool. If you buyu your way in you'll never get it.

11. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

you need a good eye, a good work ethic, and a good attitude, and patience,,,,,also never settle for "good enough",,,make it the best you can,,,,,,no excuses..

if you look at some of your work and say "i coulda done it better",,,you're NOT done...

always remember NICE SHIT TAKES TIME,,and IT'S ONLY METAL....you can ALWAYS corect fuck-ups

12. upperwhitetrash

upperwhitetrash

Love your attitude Bro!!! Honesty!!! I've been messin with cars for 23 years, aint nuthin funnier than someone who claims to know it all, and has no clue!!! VW peeps are the funiest!!! Someone always knows someone or had one just like it but a different year. You are WAY ahead of most!! You HAVE built, you have turned a wrench! You will have no trouble!!!

13. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I've been playing with cars my whole life and still don't know shit. If you can dream it, you can build it. Thats the great thing about metal. If you screw it up you can cut it off and weld on another piece. My only advice would be to always measure and remeasure before you do anything. Ask a thousand questions from everybody. Finish what you start, and have fun doing it all. Best of luck to ya!