Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from Nashville!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by JennSeay32, Oct 16, 2014.

1. JennSeay32

JennSeay32

Hey guys and gals! I'm Jenn from Nashville, TN and recently purchased a 1954 Chevy BelAir. Looking to do a few things to it. Not too sure where to start so I've just been reading on the forum educating myself :)
    Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!

2. Welcome from Washington, Jenn.
    If your Chevy is in decent running condition, and you are going to drive it while making improvements, start with the tires, brakes and front suspension.
    Good luck with the project!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. JennSeay32

JennSeay32

Thanks rokit! I'm working on finding which style tire I want to go with now. Can't decide if I want wide whitewalls or not... And the brakes and suspension seem to be in pretty good shape. It's getting a paint job now! It's my daily driver and she's a blast to drive! It's my 5th daily driver classic to own but this one I'm gonna keep for a while!

4. barlow1952

barlow1952

welcome Jenn I'm a newbie also from Ohio but just on this site an old man in real life but love my old cars wide whites always look great on those chevys

5. JennSeay32

JennSeay32

Hey there Barlow! Thanks for the input. Yea they do look good but they aren't cheap! And my 1" whitewalls don't look terrible. The tread is bad so looking for new ones.

6. tomcoyote

tomcoyote

7. tomcoyote

tomcoyote

hi im tomcoyote from calif. I have a 1950 chev.car I fixed up can help you with info

8. sprdave4264

sprdave4264
    from Arkansas

welcome aboard jenn. I love those 54's!

9. tomcoyote

tomcoyote

safety stuff is first and foremost brakes ,wiring, sloppy steering.

10. JennSeay32

JennSeay32

Brakes and wiring seem to be in good shape! And the steering isn't sloppy at all. Just working my arm muscles up with no power steering :)

11. Welcome from LaVergne, TN. Post some pictures of that 54!

12. .............................She's got some in her albums along with her other, previous, cool rides. That Buick was the cat's pajamas, Jenn.........Don.

13. Welcome from Mississippi

14. JennSeay32

JennSeay32

image.jpg
    Got her lowered,painted,replaced shocks,new back door glass. Gonna start on the interior next. It's not in bad shape just old. Garagekulture are you going to be at the motorama in Murfreesboro Jan 3?

15. JennSeay32

JennSeay32

16. JennSeay32

JennSeay32

17. JennSeay32

JennSeay32

18. JennSeay32

JennSeay32

I love the poncho! Yea we will be at the show. I'm not sure if I am going to put it in the show or not? I have never done that and don't really know how to go about it? And it's by no means show class. It's a good 10 footer and my daily driver. I love my car so much!

19. It's not a big show. Contact Scooter at Both Barrels promotions. I would not hesitate to show it.

20. Go for it, Jenn. I love to see cars like yours in shows. It gets real boring seeing all of the over the top, massively chromed out, show only cars.

Garagekulture13 likes this.
  21. JennSeay32

JennSeay32

Thanks for the confidence boost! I mean I love my car but don't want people hatin on it.

22. ....................Anyone who would be hatin' on your car doesn't have a clue.

23. JennSeay32

JennSeay32

It's just not the best paint job and interior needs a little work...

24. I'm with lothiandon1940. I really enjoy seeing the drivers in the shows. I think you are selling yourself short.

25. JennSeay32

JennSeay32

Well thanks guys :) I'm gonna put it in there!

26. Nwispeedshop

Nwispeedshop

If it's going to see lots of real world driving you mite want to look into swapping in hydro boost brakes and a power steering box & pump assembly (all astro vans and diesel trucks GM have them ) best junk yard $100 you could ever spend imho
    Nice wheels by the way
    Who are the fine dimes?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. JennSeay32

JennSeay32

So to have power steering that's all I need? And $100?

28. JennSeay32

JennSeay32

Or $100 for all that? And I will have power steering and power brakes? That would be awesome.

29. Nwispeedshop

Nwispeedshop

image.jpg The brakes are EPIC they made stopping my 4x4 dually pickup effortless
    The brakes actually get power from your power steering pump not engine vacuum
    Vary popular with guys running hot cams and not much vacuum
    You can over drive the standard GM Saginaw power steering pump the GM guys don't do it but the jeep guys take the GM pumps and mod them for effortless steering , vary east to do...

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/2013/powersteeringmods/

You could park that thing anywhere with a pinky doing all the work...
    You would need a power steering box that fits your car , an old guy would have to chime in im only 28 (86') But a mechanic and welder I'd just fab up somthing on my tail gate that would work .
    And look into a 4 wheel disk brake swap, at least get disks on the front
    If you wanted easy fast power brakes any geo metro master cyl / vac booster could be easly modded to fit most any old school car. And would get you power drum brakes in a week end for about $40
    image.jpg

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    JennSeay32 likes this.