Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New wheels for the roadster...!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buickfunnycar.com, Jul 6, 2015.

1. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Can't beat big and little windows on cast wheels.

2. Boatmark

Boatmark

Outstanding!
    The as-cast wheel with a polished lip is just what that car asked for. Looking forward to seeing it with the tires mounted.

3. Thanks man...me thinks so too!

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Those wheels are killer. Murders... Car isn't bad either...

5. Thanks Ryan...been following that sweet little red roadster of yours.:)

6. Lookin great John, can't wait to see your roadster up close someday.
    Was looking into some as cast wheels for our roadster but decided to keep the Vaughn real wheels for the time being. I do like the idea of a set or two to change things up now and then.
    --- Dean

7. Yeah Dean,would love to meet up with a local HAMBer and check out your car,I know Eric had a lot to do with the tooling of these wheels. I missed the 4th of July show in Gilroy this year,Gold Coast Rods is putting a show on tomorrow in Monterey on Fisherman's Wharf,look me up the next time you're in the Monterey area.

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

IIRC---
    Eric was narrowing his 10 inch wheels (and others) by parting a section out of the inner half and welding them back together to make 8 inchers, before the as-cast"Trick"wheel.
    Popular for the fendered cars.

9. And I hear he still does work for Pat @ Real Rodders Wheels...

10. 32fenderless

32fenderless

Your tires show up yet? Patiently waiting for updated pics.

11. Tires came in yesterday so a buddy and me drove to South SF to get them mounted.
    Andy's tires was originally run by Andy Brizio and was home to the original Champion speed shop so lots of cool pics and history there.

After that,we drove a short 10 minutes to go take a shop tour of Roy Brizio's shop and on the way,we went past Gotell's speed shop so you just know there was a lot of go-fast activity going on around here back in the day.

Drove home and mounted the wheels,torqued them and set the air pressure,tomorrow we'll clean he up and take it out for a spin....here's the wheels on the car,tell me what you guys think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

blue57ford, MannyK, Rich B. and 2 others like this.
  12. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

13. Thanks, I think the shaved sidewall's was a good call...even though the cost was nuts!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

I am in the process of building one similar , I wonder if you could give me a shot of hou your upper dash rail ties in, I have the same style W/shield frame and like to see how you tied it all in. Love the car 29 on 32 rails have always been my favorite . Thanks Frank

15. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Sidewalls shaved? What's that all about?

16. They remove all the lettering and crap that's on the sidewalls nowsdays,gives it a clean look and takes your eyes away from the tires...

17. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Man, those wheels and tires look great on the roadster. Good choice!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  18. Keeps 'em clean. Shaving sidewalls has been around about forever it wasn't until the white letter tire era that people wanted everyone to know what they had.

@buickfunnycar.com fine as frog hair man.

19. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Great little roadster, love the wheels!

20. Thanks guys for the comments...appreciate it.
    Will take a little cruise today to see how she feels with her new shoes on,pictures to follow.

21. Well got here on the road and it just took a couple of hundred feet to feel a NIGHT AND DAY difference in how she road. Those skinny Stahl's would bounce you all over the road,no matter how much you played with the pressure.
    These Michelins on wider wheels with a wider track makes the car drive like a new Caddy...wife's gonna love it![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Words cannot describe how happy I am with these wheels...

22. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Man that car looks good.

23. Thanks again,here's some close-ups of the sidewalls...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rich B. and 1-SHOT like this.
  24. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Tits......................................................the first thing I can think of that look as good as they do! :D

25. I measured rear contact patch and I had 5.5" with the Stahl Excelsior's and now a full 8" with the shaved Michelins so that combined with the wider track...well it's no wonder it drives like a Cadillac!
    Both tires are practically the same diameter,fronts are maybe a hair taller.

26. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

I would still like a picture of your upper dash rail and see how you incorporated into the vowel. Thanks Frank

27. mohead1

mohead1

Nice! I almost went w those on my 30 Coupe.....old school gasser look....definately bitchin...

28. Tell me exactly what angle you need and I'll do it...right now I'm not exactly sure what you need.

29. noddaz

noddaz

Looks great! But please, next time use jack stands and be safe.