Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member finding it difficult to join social group

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by lothiandon1940, Dec 4, 2014.

1. We're having a great deal of difficulty getting a new member of the HAMB into the Md. Social Group. He is greasemonkey54 and just joined the HAMB a day or so ago and did everything right by introducing himself in the appropriate section. He has tried everything we can think of to get "joined" into the Md. group to no avail. I personally sent him an invite and he is shown as member in the member list with "invited" under his name but can't seem to post in the forum. We're at wits end and maybe it's something we or he is doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated...............Thanks, Don.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  2. This is just a wild guess, but a newly "invited" member may have to do something to officially "accept" the invitation. Have him check his invitation again and check to see if there's a box to check or something else to do to show his acceptance.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Clay,there is no waiting period,I joined that Social Group just to see if I could,I was able to gain access as soon as I joined. HRP

4. Thanks Danny (and Clay Mart).

5. I have the invite that looks like ...[​IMG]

I click the link to accept the invite and...

6. Get this screen...[​IMG]

7. It appears that i am doing it right, any ideas guys?

8. Well, another wild guess down the drain... maybe. :confused: And I've only got a limited supply of those. :(

I wonder if there's a different procedure for a member choosing to directly join a group, and being invited to join a group by another member? o_O

9. ................ Yeah, I hope I didn't mess him up by posting the invite. I believe he had the difficulty even before I offered up the invite though.

10. Yes i couldnt see anything before the invite either

11. Hey Greasemonkey54, are you trying to do this from a smart phone or a tablet? I wonder if you might get better results trying from a laptop or desktop.

12. That's a thought!,,there are a lot of problems with the hamb APP. HRP

13. Good thoughts guys and thanks for the advice. Hopefully he will check back here.

14. I did not try a computer today but yesterday it didnt work. I am on my phone but did not download the app

15. jimcolwell

jimcolwell
    from Amarillo

No one invited me. Is this now a closed club?

16. Looks like he's in everyone. Thanks for everybody's help and advice. It's appreciated.

17. Glad to hear everything worked out Don. HRP

18. Glad you got it sorted out. Did you do something differently on your end or did one of the admins have to get involved?

19. I can't honestly say how it happened. I personally didn't do anything more than make the "invite" and sought out the advice from everyone (Thanks for that). It must have been some sort of glitch, I just can't explain what it was............Don.