Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Build... 33 34 Ford 5 window Coupe. 1933 1934

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32fivewindow, Nov 30, 2010.

1. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

Todat I got the stainless 4 bar, coil overs, rear spring hanger, and halibrand mounted. (not final welded).

Attached Files:

2. Plowboy

Plowboy

Cool! I will keep an aye on this one as I get ready to tackle mine.

3. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

Quickchange is mocked up and mounted. I still have to do the internals on it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  4. woodienut

woodienut
    from So.Cal.

Great thread, Love the drum brakes and quick change. keep working and I'll keep watch'n.

5. Roadsir

Roadsir

32fivewindow,
    Please check the four bar frame mounting brackets. I think they are going to hang way too low unless you plan on a pretty high ride height.
    You may want to move them inboard, and raise them up, so the bottom of the frame is equal distance between the two bars.

6. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

I thought about that, but speedway's spec sheet had them laid out that way. The "out of the box" distance between the bars is equall. I wonder should I cut off the top mounting bracket portion, and gussett the frame, and raise the cut portion of the bracket to the bottom of the frame? As it is set now... the 4 bars are level to the ground. Obviously, I again can get rid of some of that front bracket, and still level them. Good thing they are still tacked. HMMMM.

7. slobroy

slobroy

Every thing on this car says traditional. But the four bars front and rear are killing it for me. Sorry. But to each his own.

8. I don't like the way the 4-link loks. They will hang down and look "streetroddy"...

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This is absolutely just my opinion and I love your car so don't get me wrong. However that rear and four bar out back are rubbing me the wrong way. I think a triangulated ladder bar set up much like the way rolling bones does there cars with the '36 bones on the bottom and DOM tubing up top triangulated to the center cross member would be the way to go. It would give you strength and aesthetics all in one. And as far as the rear goes, I just have a thing about Champ style quickchanges. For me it would be a V8 styles one or nothing as the champ ones are just way to big. I'd almost like to see a 9" under there instead....does that make me crazy?

Anyways man, I am digging the shit out of this car and the only reason I felt compelled to say something is because I love the project so much. THe engine and intake, trans and engine placement are what's making me fall in love!

10. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

I have been working on a behind the scenes 33 five window too. Here are some pics.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  11. fartman

fartman
    from adelaide

love your work,i am building a 5 window myself here in australia,when i workout how to add pics ,i will.

12. Awesome build! I gotta get back on mine!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. brady1929

brady1929

14. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

anything new on this cool build?

15. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

The 33 with the yellow chassis is full fender-ed now, and has a new roof. The 34 with the hemi is still the same. The weather is supposed to be good this weekend, here's some pics...

They are both stock height... right now.... The 33 fender-ed car will stay stock height, The hemi car 34 body is also un-chopped... I will probably sell it or trade it for a chopped body. The roof is too nice to cut apart, I should probably save it for someone who would rather have a stock body.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  16. Duke

Duke

Coming together nicely. Do you have any spare roof parts left over? Mine is really ugly (stock car that got rolled).

17. MYLES4032

MYLES4032

would you steel happen to have your 34 doors ?? Please let me know. Thanks, bobby

18. cheesegrater

cheesegrater
    from california

Another reason for the place in the back of the door if you have an original 34 window cranker after the window gets to the top you go a little farther with the crank & the window slides back making for an opening for air or flip out your ashes had about 4 34s before finding out about that from a friend (Smoker) when iI told him his glass was broken he showed that to me

19. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

BTTT...

Where are you at with it...?

Thanks... :)