Register now to get rid of these ads!

New 32 Ford 5 window steel bodys!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deuceroger, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The37Kid

The37Kid

I don't buy anything from Canada that I know of.

2. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some of you guys need to travel and I dont mean to another US state, some funny stuff on this thread.

3. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

Its not the issue of being made in china,alot of repro parts that ALL of us buy are made over there,its the reproducing 32 parts that just make me sick,i think patch panels help keep the hobby alive but its getting out of hand,repop 32 bones,heavy axle,3 window,now a 5 window,(69 camaro,i didnt know there was a shortage of those).
    When i bought my harley years ago i bought it because it was my love for american iron and kind of a statement,you know what i mean,how many nerds working for geek squad drive old harleys or hot rods,then i got to notice every swinging dick had a harley,it seems to me that is were our beloved hobby is going,just my 2 cents,we got to stop somewere.
    I will take my model a over this 2011 streetrod any day,or even a new honda accord.

4. budd

budd

i find it hard to believe that a robot feeding the press in Taiwan stamping out parts will cost that much less then the same brand robot feeding a press over here, the big money was spent on having the tooling made, i would think.

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Gonna give this one the "Moron post of the day" award :rolleyes:

6. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

…10 to 1 the steel will be 90% reclaimed; so full of impurities that you won't be able to keep paint on them.
    Take a Red Chinese 5W and set it outside for 78 years and see how much of it is left; most likely you wouldn’t recognize it as a car.
    Here is a photo of an original unrestored Hank the Deuce 5W still sitting outside, and its up in 300” a year snow country.

Attached Files:

7. budd

budd

i bet that 32 is made out of melted down model-t's and old wagon wheels.

8. Really? I actually thought it was pretty witty. Unlike a lot of crap people on this thread are spewing out their ass as if they know anything. Seems more and more inane threads on the HAMB like this lately. Tech week anyone?

9. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

All you people who talk about boycotting a product like this make me laugh.....So many people talk about buying american made products, Yet They shop at walmart....where every product they sell comes from china......And they prolly drive a car or truck that was made in china......Bottom line is if you have a problem with products made outside of the US.....Why did you buy the computer you are viewing this site on as we speak?......It was not made over here I can tell you that for sure..........The sad truth is We do not make anything over here anymore, We sold out to china and others a long time ago.....

10. uncle buck

uncle buck

Nobody said they had to build it. They are investing a lot of time and money in this project and gambling on making a profit in the end.The one common thing I see here is we all bitch about everything. We bitch cause we can't find parts to fix things that haven't been made for years. We bitch about the price of gennie stuff when we do find it. We bitch about the quality of something that is made to fit what we are working on. We bitch about the country of origin. We bitch about the price. We bitch about our government. This is The United States of Anerica and thank GOD we still have the right to bitch, but if we try this I am afraid we will be bitching about another bankrupt company that made an effort to supply our needs next. And yes , I would prefer it was made in America too, but reallity sucks and these companies are in business for profit. I am thankful every day that Bob Drake , Brookeville . Vintique , Steele , Carpenter , etc. are making parts for us to enjoy what we are doing.

11. $22,000 may sound like a lot but you have to realize what our dollar is actually worth now,especially overseas. And especially since the Fed just dumped 600 gazillion bucks on the market.This body may only sell in China for 2k.The dollar won't buy much anymore.:mad:
    my 2¢

12. SteadyT

SteadyT

Whether built here or there, it's over 20K. Say what you want about 'glass, at least it's attainable for the average joe.

13. Harms Way

Harms Way

Just imagine what your 2¢ is worth. :eek:-----:D:D:D

14. bedrock

bedrock
    from Alberta

So 37 I take it that you don't know that Canada is the States largest trading partner.

15. Harms Way

Harms Way

Here's my take,.....
    Years ago a couple people started trying to make a steel 32 Roadster Body,... they failed, Brookville built one the right way.

Then, some folks started trying to make a steel 32 3/W Body,... they failed, Brookville built one the right way.

Finally, These folks are trying to make a steel 32 5/W Body,... they'll fail, And Brookville will build one the right way.

Made in the USA

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

amen brother

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. The37Kid

The37Kid

I had no idea "Ice Road Truckers" and hockey were that big.:rolleyes:

18. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

How much do you think the workers make in china...I really dont no could they buy a 32 they made over there.One day i hope to own a 32 but not from them thats for sure.

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  20. budd

budd

21. bedrock

bedrock
    from Alberta

You guys must buy lots of Cd's of Ice Road because you bought 429 Billion bucks worth of goods from Canada last year. I know Alex and I don't even watch it.

22. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

save your money and buy a fiberglass car,its no different,building one of these would be like paul jr bolting together a chopper and saying he fabed it,you could also pay high doller for some fake patina

23. Harms Way

Harms Way

Yeah,... But that's, like what ?.... 3 Million U.S. Dollars ? :eek::eek::D:D:D
    (ducking as a bottle of "Blue" goes past my head ):D

24. budd

budd

are money is even now, or just about, i used to love buying 66'ers on rum for $6 off exit 5 in NJ...lol

were all in this together, keep your stick on the ice

25. All this bitching and moaning about the price of $22K. The current issue of Street Rodder has a pic of a swap meet deuce with an ask of $25K and they refer to it as the "less rusty one" It doesn't even appear to have a firewall. 22 large really doesn't seem out of line if it's decent quality. The one in the magazine would still need a ton of bodywork.
    Who cares what kind of profit is being made on these things. All that would matter to me is if the quality is up to snuff. It's a free country. If you don't want to buy one because of where it was made, then don't buy one! If these end up being any good and I was in the market for a 5W, I couldn't care less about how much the owner of the company was making. If I thought the price was fair for what I was getting it shouldn't matter to me whether he makes $500 or $5000 profit on each unit.

26. xracer40

xracer40

Ain't Free Trade great!

27. uncle buck

uncle buck

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think the smart people with an extra 22K will be buying 3 of the new 28-29 Ford Closed Cab Pickup Cabs from Australia. :)

29. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

So when you order one of these Chinese bodys, is the phone call routed to a call center in India ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.