Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need wiring HELP! Yankee turn signal.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kensey, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Hi all,

I bought a NOS YANKEE Turnflex 734/737. No wiring diagram.

I found a few on-line, but they all have more wires then mine.

I have one blue, one red, one green, and two yellows that are spliced together about 3 inched out of the turn signal case.

The whole unit looks factory and unused.

Any help would be MUCH APPRECIATED.

Thanks,
    Kensey

2. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Yellow is probably the common wire, and that will come from your flasher unit. The red wire is probably from the brake pedal switch or it could be power. The other wires probably are left and right turn outputs and go to the right and left bulbs. This is just a list of possibilities. You might want to do a search on turn signals on this forum, I believe there are some diagrams that might help.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  3. This might be it...
    [​IMG]

4. a five wire turn signal switch is hard to wire to a system with shared brake/turn light rear sockets.
    if you have an ohm meter you can figure it out easily; in the middle position check to see what wires show continuity, for example one yellow and one green and one yellow and blue. then turn the switch to left turn position and see which ones have continuity. now there should be a third wire that has continuity with one of the "pairs" found previously. the added wire will be the one from the flasher for example; red, yellow and green now have continuity meaning the red from flasher yellow to front and green to rear. repeat test with switch turned to right position, and for example; red, yellow and blue would have continuity.