Register now to get rid of these ads!

need single stage painting tips quick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by briggs&strattonChev, Mar 23, 2004.

1. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

hey guys, today I filler primed a couple cushman trucksters and hopefully tomorrow ill get them sanded and paint one. Ill epoxy prime and then use metallic (very small flake) turqoise Concept single stage (all ppg products). Ive used this paint before but with a different color without flake. Does anybody have any tips for me before I fill the gun? as far as coats and overlapping, what do you do? Should I use a regular or an HVLP gun? I dont wanna end up with orange peel cause im not interested in a cut and buff (many awkward edges on these). Heres an ebay ad with pics of what im gonna be painting (not my sale) Cushman Truckster .

Any help would be appreciated

Briggs

2. Munson

Munson
    from Tempe, AZ

Spray the single stage like you would spray clear coat and you shouldn't have much buffing to do.

As far as the metallics, that paint is thick so you won't have any metallic "running" together.

Good luck,
    j

3. Use the HVLP as long as you have enough air, I'd skip the epoxy, unless you break through the primer a lot when your preping. If you do get any metalic gathering you can cross coat a little, just don't spray it dry. The stuff sets up so fast(if your using the right reducer) that metalic streaking and gathering is generally not much of an issue.

4. gotcha

gotcha
    from Sanger, TX

Keep the metallic stirred up...Don't let it settle...

JP

5. ok im not with timbinder on ths one .usully i first spray the 1st 2 coats dry and then the 3 rd coat i spray thick and brimg out the clear . single stage metalic runs easy . but is its ppg it shouldent be as bad .just my deep thoughts kyle

6. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

If you are planning on using clear on top, do not as the single stage runs real easy. What I do, reccommended by PPG, is on the last coat, mix 1/2 color and 1/2 clear in that gun and spray it just like color.