Register now to get rid of these ads!

need info on this,mallory transistor Ignition kit,

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead31coupe, Jul 10, 2009.

1. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

its a coil and transistor ignition kit,for what ? looking for info and wiring diagram, here a few pics, Mallory.JPG

MAllory1.JPG

Mallory2.JPG

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

It's a universal kit sold in the sixtys when transistors were relatively new. (and BIG!) Mallory might have the diagram in it's archives but I'd use it for garage decoration. It's a neat part of our past but were more of a fad for the guys that read Popular Mechanics more than Hotrod. JMO

3. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

thats cool i just would like to see if it works, cant seem to fine any info on this online:mad:

4. Bill, you should know better who to call on that question...!!!!!!

GMC BUBBA

I'm taking away your parking permit!!!!

5. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

i will do that, when he gets back from, gg this weekend,:)

6. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

this is the onl thing i could find thats close to it, lookds like it for a pos ground, set up, but i dont know 0a5d_1.jpg

7. Hope this helps....:)

Sorry for the flash on instruction 2.
    It reads
    "Install new points in the distributor. Set to manufacturers standard clearance. Remove the condensor."
    Instruction 3
    "Determine the location of the original ignition resistor. Use form 559 as guide."

Sorry but I do not have form 559 but should not be hard to find the resistor if you have one :D

Attached Files:

8. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

9. RAY With

RAY With

This particular unit got by me for some reason. I don't recall ever seeing one but if it was a 60's I was using a mag back then for ignition. I had standard mallory distributor in the street car so possibly my speed shop never stocked it. Its interesting though.

10. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

i like things like this, their interesting to me, iam wandering what was its purpose, hotter spark, or just something new at the time, or like Tommy said,It's a universal kit sold in the sixtys when transistors were relatively new. (and BIG!) Mallory might have the diagram in it's archives but I'd use it for garage decoration. It's a neat part of our past but were more of a fad for the guys that read Popular Mechanics more than Hotrod. JMO