Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need a MV-426 knowlegable PA Inspection Station

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Rails, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

Hi, guys.

I need to have a car titled as a "specially constructed vehicle" in Pennsylvania. I've been calling around, but no one wants to screw around with the MV-426B forms. Most don't even know what they are.

Does anyone know of a good inspection station in Pittsburgh?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

2. fatabone

fatabone

Good luck! We go without inspections because they don't even have the proper paperwork yet. I've only been pulled over twice and the police can't even tell me why they are doing it. When I ask them what needs to be done they can't answer and send me off with a warning.

3. J Man

J Man

this is why I still have OH plates

4. 5window

5window

Two things. One, get out of town. Find a small town guy nearby-oldtimer,place that does a bit of everything,backwoods place,maybe a junk yard? All they need is an inspection license. I use a place nearby-but I'm probably 4 hours away from you-that worked with me and wasn't too interested in the letter of the law,but the intent. So they looked at the car first-told me what I needed to do, then looked at the car for inspection-where you get the 1/2 sticker-you know? Then inspected it again when I got the paperwork.

Second, when you get your paper work done, make a copy of everything! Make sure you have all the receipts,or can document what you spent and where you spent it(PA wants to make sure it got it's sales tax!). Then ONLY send it in with your state representative, not a private service, not AAA. You get faster service, the DMV doesn't screw around with you (well not too much) and you won't be constantly revising things all summer long.

PM me if you want more specifics-I'll even send you my phone #.

My A was originally resistered as a regular car to get it home,then I did a lot of work on it, but since it has a 7" windshield it could only be registered as a "Street Rod" in PA. Curiously, until this year's law revision, the street rod on the PA Street Rod plate could not have been registered in Pennsylvania!

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. sawzall

sawzall
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

my advice..

move to maryland...

6. Or New York, taxes and all -

7. coupedevil

coupedevil

Its a shame your not on the east side of the state. We have a great guy who has never let us down.

8. Flop

Flop

now j man how do you go about getting ohio plates
    im getting my balls busted in pittsburgh with the gasser i have some buddies who live up there and i just need to figure out how to get ohio antique plates? do you have to have proof of residence or a po box whats the deal?