Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Neat little fuse panel for your hotrod.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Sep 16, 2014.

1. I know most guys like a kit, so this isn't for you.

But I found this little guy at terminal supply. It's weatherproof if you need it in such a place. It's 20 circuits and split so you can have 10 on the ignition switch and 10 on the battery. Little over an inch thick. image.jpg

AHotRod, volvobrynk, BarryA and 2 others like this.
  2. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Could we get a full link or address ? And part number. Looks cool.

posted via smoke signals made with a Mexican blanket

3. That just might be the ticket for some,when I was scrounging junk yards for fuse panels this would have been much better,and it's sealed from the elements. HRP

4. madmak95

madmak95

5. Here's how not to wire a hot rod.
    There's also 6 inline fuses scattered thru out the car. Not entirely bad except they are in inaccessible places. No way to reach them without dismantling the interior. It seems as if every circuit was an add-on with no thinking involved.

The harness is all crimp connectors and doesn't pass the wiggle test.

Damn pic won't load

6. Just gets better and better, huh? Pretty cool thread. Jack of all trades, looks like.....already knew that, of course. I love your stuff. Glad your patience, and skills outrun the insanity seen so far. I know I couldn't have done so. Thanks for the post......looks plenty cool, and functional.

7. Bump for the night crew

8. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Thanks for the info, good looking out.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

What does it look like with a pile of wire connceted to it?

10. fordor41

fordor41

another thought is a fuse panel from a Ford Taurus or Merc. sable (90's). they are hinged and will fold up under the dash. They have fuse combos with key on or off and all sorts of fuse ratings so you can pick and chose.

11. Muttley

Muttley

12. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

13. i just worked on one that was put together with short pieces of wire with scotch locks. a piece of yellow wire, scotch lock, then a red wire.......made finding the problem fun.

14. Kustomism

Kustomism

In the glovebox of my pickup,
    Works out fine.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410952445.177602.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410952464.526678.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

loudbang and slack like this.
  15. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

This is what I've been using for awhile. I put one on battery and another off the switch. Has worked well for me. I mounted them on a hinged metal panel that is held up and out of sight by a magnet on the firewall yet swings down for very easy access when necessary.
    Available at Advance Auto Parts and inexpensive.
    Keep workin'
    Al

16. I've used those before, they sort of have a big foot print, especially with the wires coming off it like a spider. You need at least 2 for the simplest of wiring. They work good when and where they will fit.

17. CGkidd

CGkidd

Only thing I don't like is using spade connectors with them. Otherwise they work good if you don't run large loads thru them.

18. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

pretty slick. where do the wires attach? behind the panel?

19. CGkidd

CGkidd

Your mail incoming powewr is on the bottom with a stud and lock nut. outgoing power is on the sides on the push on blade connector (spade connectors).

20. If you're asking about the cheapy one, GC kid has your answer covered.

If your asking about the one I posted yes the wires come thru the back. There's a locking type connector the pushes thru the box and locks in place. It's a specialty crimp with a rubber plug that seals it up from the back.

21. Well Bob, there would be 2 heavy gauge feed wires in and then max 20 wires out. Perhaps one may want to double up a few of those so there could be a few more than 20.
    A group of 20 wires is somewhere between the size of that penny up to the size of a quarter depending on the size of the wires. How neatly or how messy they come off of that is dependent on your personal level of OCD.

22. CGkidd

CGkidd

Holy crap my spelling is horrible when I am tired. Meant to say "Your incoming power is on the bottom with stud and locknut. Outgoing power is on the sides on the push on blade connector (spade connectors)

23. DrJ

DrJ

I have two of these screwed to the underside of the steering column support under my dash, one hot one switched. Easy to reach, cost less than a chocolate shake 22 years ago. fuse-blocks.jpg

24. CGkidd

CGkidd

I like the design better with screw mounts. But wish it was insulated a little more

25. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

neat piece. thanks for posting it

26. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

And this made by___________Part # is ________________??

Ray

27. manyolcars

manyolcars

hnstray, Radio Shack has those. Does anyone know of a nice switched/unswitched fuse panel for AGC fuses?

28. CGkidd

CGkidd

You could use any of the ones shown as switched or constant power. Just depends where you pull your feed power from. Either from the switch or or constant power. Only reason I don't like the Buss unit to much is the spade connections. I would rather have a screw that holds more solid.

29. Sounds to me like Manyolcars is looking for a split panel not 2 seperate panels. And last time I looked AGC fuses were glass. So nothing pictured here takes the glass fuses and the only one panel that is split is the one that started this thread in post #1.

Check that link for terminal supply above and look at the glass fuse section. They have some, & some common fed but none split.