Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My "You didn't build that" 27 T Roadster build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddio211, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm standing by to see some progress :) Good to see you plugging away at it.

I'm back at work for the first day today. So far so good :)

2. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks for the bump Larry. Going up tomorrow morning to spend a few more hours on it. Going to the paint store in a few minutes too. :D

3. jbird137429

jbird137429
    from St George

bob in diamond vally is building this t for you?

4. daddio211

daddio211

5. Man... Really cool car but I think I would have had to talk myself into liking that color rather than sand it down and start over.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Looking good though!

6. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks Ron. You know, it was a tough thing to do. The wife said it was fine but I knew better, and if she didn't LOVE it she wouldn't enjoy driving it like she should.

Me? I would have lived with it. I'm secure enough in my manhood to drive a car that turns purplish-pink in the sun, LOL.

My '27 T Roadster build: www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 734383

7. Haven't checked in here for a while, looks like progress! Looking good!

8. daddio211

daddio211

9. daddio211

daddio211

You know how this part of the build goes, nothing too exciting. Bob has prepped the next batch of parts for primer...

1389596241925.jpg

Me? I got a lesson in sanding too much trying to get a smooth finish and not remembering to keep the overall finish in mind. I spent the last hour of my eight hour day dabbing on several coats of high build primer to undo my sins. Ugh. I hate bodywork. I suck at it.

10. Don't ya hate it when that happens. It will all be worth it and you can say you did it !! Im about to have another go at mine, I keep looking at it but always find something else to do. JW :)

11. daddio211

daddio211

I tend to learn the hard way, having to do some processes several times. On the plus side once I learn it I have it down, but still, I wish I could just have perfect results the first time every time.

I always wanted to play the guitar, I just don't want to learn how. I want to be able to pick one up and jam without any prior experience or knowledge. This is why I don't play the guitar but I do play something that will astound everyone. Every song you ask me to play is exact and precise like the original artist released it. I call this, "my radio". That's the extent of my musical talent. :D

12. With 11 kids, ya musta practiced sumthin til ya got it right:D:D:D

13. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That 'inner frame' design is kinda familiar...A guy came to the shop years ago with a pair of 'Just a Hobby' rails, with a '27 T frame inside, wanted to weld it all up into a single frame...had a '27 T Roadster body, highboy style.
    I was puzzled. He explained that the 'T' frame had the original numbers, and he had the matching pink slip. Being it was (still is) California, and the customer is 'always right', I did the job, terminating the 'T' rails at the floor pedals...
    He registered it without a hitch.

14. After having to assemble a big pile of painted parts myself, I think that photo is very exciting! :D

15. I have that same talent! Whada ya know.

16. I like to think of that as living on the edge. We are always one more try away from success.

17. daddio211

daddio211

Heh heh... She's been spayed and I've been neutered but we're still tryin'!!! :D

Mike, sounds like one of those "gotta pay the bills" kind of jobs that turned out better for everyone. Although it sounds all kinds of wrong I guess the guy really knew what he wanted... and why!

Things really are moving quickly at this point, but somedays it doesn't seem like it.

We should start a band, we'll call it FM. :D

Agreed. I don't live my life wishing everything was a one try success, only the few things that I desire but don't have the time to learn the basic skills and follow up with practice. Guitar and bodywork are on that short list, LOL.

I, like most people here, enjoy learning and improving as I go. I see it as a journey, not a destination. I'm always trying to learn and improve in everything I do. And thanks again for the T door offer man!

18. Your very welcome.

19. daddio211

daddio211

Sorry for the lack of progress fellas. Have been swamped with work and family and working on my '50 Ford in the very little spare time I have. I did get it fired up though, which is a great accomplishment for me!

A few more days and I'll be back at Bob's making more progress.

20. -Brent-

-Brent-

Fixed it for you. :D

21. daddio211

daddio211

22. pennafxu

pennafxu
    from Kentucky

Looking gr8 Eric!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. daddio211

daddio211

24. daddio211

daddio211

Had to share this with y'all. It's not T related, but a little more about my dad's shoebox. Thanks to help from several of you, my buddy Dave (username cap'm here), my awesome wife and a little help from my father in law last night, the flathead LIVES!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oMnUU1Mht0o?list=UU0pk0HmrNGFVVkQlq0BRIwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

25. Really cool video!

I keep checking back here for pictures of frame paint version 2.0

26. Dang that sounds nice.JW :)

27. rebarsfords

rebarsfords

I'm gonna be checkin in on this one. Nice build Daddio. BTW- yer Pops shoebox sounds
    killer! From earlier pics, you in the Bloomington area?

28. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks bud. Version 2.0 will be a few weeks away.

Thanks brother!

My dad was, and my mom still is. South Bloomington Ranches, actually. Haven't heard anything about your dad recently, I hesitate to ask but is he doing better?

My '27 T Roadster build: &#65279;www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 734383

29. Mark Fox

Mark Fox

You just can't beat the sound,of a flathead. Sweet!

30. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

The flathead sounds sweet Eric. I'm also standing by to see more on the T :)

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.