Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My Relix Riot Weekend - OR - It's Official - I'm a Trophy Whore

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddy_o's_diner, Aug 21, 2011.

1. I had heard a lot of great things about the Relix Riot Show and decided to attend this year.

So I loaded up the truck and headed down. I was tailgated by some old Ford the whole way down... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

I got down there Friday night and set up camp:

[​IMG]

Saturday morning I grabbed a cup of coffee and a corner spot right across from the diner.

[​IMG]

Snapped a few pics of the car before the crowds got too thick.

[​IMG]

I took a quick walk around the museum barns and decided I would need to come back to see the rest at another time. I hung out with the guys from Singlefinger Speed shop and took in all the cars in the show.

Then the rains came and the electricity went. :eek:

Just I'm starting to get bummed out a few of the Relix members come riding up in a golf cart and tell me they picked my car as "best Hot Rod". That put an end to being bummed out!

[​IMG]

So after the trying to wait out the rain, I decided to load up the car and head for home.

[​IMG].

Even with the rain, this was an awesome show and a great time. A big thanks to the Relix for all their hard work and to the Singlefinger folks for hanging with me.

I'l try to post up some of my pics from the show later.

2. WDO40

WDO40

very nice sweet rides

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Now you can hang with the big boys! Congrats, and I'm bummed I didn't get the cool "Best Wagon" little red wagon trophy!

Brian

BTW, we have electicity now!

4. abonecoupe31

abonecoupe31
    from Michigan

I'm sorry that we couldn't make it....we got nailed in da rain down in South Haven...and lost power too at home....

5. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Oh, BTW, if you'd hung around for another half hour, you could've watched THIS! :p

Brian

Attached Files:

6. Your set up was very very impressive. That pick up is too bitchin and towing the old Ford, well, well, well I am jealuse!!!! Good to at least say hello as your were leaving. Great show and I will be back

Ok. your are are now a trophy whore and your car is a trailer queen. I see Billet 22" wheels and cry baby dolls in your future

7. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Oh, same girl, the night before. What time did YOU go to bed? :D

Brian

Attached Files:

8. Brian - you had the coolest set-up there. The wagon is way cool and that camper is the the cats ass! And you already know how much I love your prowler!! ;)

I did see the fire show Friday and crashed in the truck about 12:30.

The wagon trophy was cool, but you didn't need it because it would just get lost in all the other cool crap you have in the garage. Your almost as bad as Moriarty.

9. You got me all figured out!

How is it I never saw you until I was leaving?

10. It's my diminutive figure :D:D

11. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

And how's come you didn't come over and hang in the trailer while it was raining since I was parked right next to you? ;) Or at least introduce yourself?

Brian

12. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

13. That hot rod trophy is sweeeet!

14. I was freezing my a$$ off and trying to stay dry. Your set up was unreal!!! Your car is wild. We were all talking about the work that must have went into it. You will not see another one like it at any show.

I am sorry sometime I wish these shows were 2 days. You get there, go into swap meet mode, go into looking at car mode, get into bs with the crew you are there with about the swap meet, the cars, than you pack up and go home only to say man I didnt see so and so, or say hi to this guy, etc.

BTW Thanks now my wife wants a "little" trailer for the yard :D:D
    she didn't care about the cars, but dug the trailer. Do you ever go the the vintage trailer event at Camp Dearborn? Looks like something I need to check out some time.

Sorry I was being a miserable prick, rain and me dont get along :D:D next time I will give a ya a hug :D

15. There will be no hugging here - what do you think this is an Iron Lord Thread!!! :eek:

16. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

We'll be in Milford in Sept for the Tin Can Tourists Fall get together and Trailer Trash Riot. Come on down and get a free Gin and Tonic!

17. Trailer trash and Gin, Hmmmmm.....

If I'd of known you were giving out free drinks, I would have been your best friend all weekend.

18. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Well, there goes the G-rating & Family Circle magazine will prolly stop endorsing this thread... Nice job, ya trophy trollop.

Glad to see that despite the rain, everybody had GREAT things to say about the show. Everybody dug the swap meet, the band, & the people. Can't wait til next year.

BTW- my buddy lost a 35 International frt fender off his trailer on the way to the swap meet (despite 6 tow straps), so if ANYBODY see it along I-96 lemme know.

19. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Well, you didn't ask! The free stuff is Burnett's, we save the Bombay Saffire for ourselves! :p

Brian

20. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Family Circle? There were GIRLS ON FIRE!!

Uh, I've never seen anything that blew off a trailer or fell of a truck on the freeway that was worth stopping for!

Brian

21. Sorry to hear about the lost fender. Those aren't exactly easy to find. This was the guy with the complete international cab, right? That thing looked pretty solid.

22. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I need to build me my own trophy, that thing is cool!

23. bonechop113

bonechop113

*[/QUOTE]
    [​IMG]

Even with the rain, this was an awesome show and a great time. A big thanks to the Relix for all their hard work and to the Singlefinger folks for hanging with me.

I'l try to post up some of my pics from the show later.

*[/QUOTE]

Thanks for coming out man your car and truck are beautiful...

~If anyone cares i built that trophy and it is almost 100% Yblock parts

Hope to see you next year

24. *[/QUOTE]

Thanks for coming out man your car and truck are beautiful...

~If anyone cares i built that trophy and it is almost 100% Yblock parts

Hope to see you next year[/QUOTE]

Love me some Y-block!!

Funny thing - As I was building the car, I thought about replacing the 21 stud flattie with a Y-block but decided on the 24 stud flathead instead.

That trophy is awesome! The only problem is I ruptured a disc lifting it - my lawyers will be in touch. ;)

I hope to have my '32 5-window done (at least in primer) in time for next year. As mild as my '34 is, the deuce is the other extreme. It's chanelled 11 inches, chopped 4.5 inches and has the firewall set back 8.5 inches. Powered by an early 327 topped with chromed Corvette covers, a polished intake and 6 chrome Strombergs.

Looking forward to next year.

Thanks again for a great time and a killer trophy.