Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration My high school sweet heart

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ron Funkhouser, Jan 22, 2016.

1. LOL they didn't have rat rods in '83, they had rat bikes but that is a different world for most of the players I this thread. ;)

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. Love your story , but sad she moved away. What's the story of your avatar Its so Cool.

Raiman1959 likes this.
  3. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I drove this when I got my licens, took my girl friend out on dates in it, and drove it all day/all night/all year.
    View attachment 3115030

I road in it to my first communion, I road in it when my dad took me to get my first job, I drove it the day I got my license and I drove it to and from my wedding.
    I still have it, and this is from after I rebuild it.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453584258.158686.jpg

It's lowered, nosed and decked. It has a 121ci engine with four carbs, big valve head and a hot cam. It's making about 125-130 hp, stock was 80. It has had 4+ OD, instead of a 4 speed. It has 4.11 gears. And now I run whidened white steelies and black walls.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  4. I like it a lot,I bet it's fun to drive and pretty quick. HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Yeah...I was sad my High School Sweetheart moved away when I came home on leave...she was awesome, and still think about her once in a while...hope her life turned out well:)-------my avatar is my mother & father, with his Ford in Aug. 58' on one of their many dates...it was light teal-blue, and 4 banger. They dated in it in H.S., but it never had seats in it, ...just upside down 5 gal. oil drums, and a round pillow to sit on, with a hemp rope to hold it all in place! My mother was very cool, and laughed more than my dad in his old hot rod. I have, under a tarp, a similar body/chassis I'm going to 'recreate' in the next year, once I get a stall in my garage cleared out:confused: ....but with 'real' seats...hahaha-----Ray

6. Mine was a $150- 1955 Buick hardtop, black and white with primer spots to cover the rust, dual exhaust with cut outs, four barrel carb and some chrome on the engine. back then we put a name on the quarter panel. it was called" ASPHALT EATER" this was 1965. The trans tunnel had a new hole ever few months to accomadate the many transmission-shifter combinations covered with a rubber mat. Guess my girlfriend didnt mind, we were married in 67. She still loves old cars, but prefers good floors.

Ron Funkhouser and bowie like this.
  7. I never had real seats in my 29 U.F.O. just a plywood bench seat with pillows , when I camp I just take then in the tent. Works for me, just say n...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  8. LOVE IT !

9. bchctybob

bchctybob

My high school hot rod was a '47 Ford Standard coupe with a dual quad Olds and a C&O hydro. It was factory black with primer spots, no front bumper, chrome front wheels and Inglewood slicks on the back. I cut out the bracing that divided the trunk from the passenger compartment, made a wooden platform to flatten the floor from the seat to the trunk and put padding/blankets, blue lights and a radio w/speakers back there for those romantic interludes.
    Being young and agile in those days my GF and I could park by the beach in Marina Del Rey, fold the seat forward, slip under the package tray into the extended trunk and hang out for hours without being "rousted" by the cops. Just an unattended old Ford parked on the side of the road.
    She moved on to a new guy with a modern car and I bought a '33 5w with a Chevy 396, 4 spd. It was faster but no romantic amenities.............

10. How cool would that be with an early Fuelie 327:cool: Actually it is pretty nice as is.:cool:

11. COOL STORY I want me a 47 coupe. I have a girl who loves old cars. Is there room for a hot tub.

Hamtown Al likes this.
  12. bchctybob

bchctybob

Barely room for a warm blanket! But we made do with what we had back then didn't we? Funny when I think about it - my Dad, ever the woodworker, helped me build the floor. I told him it was for hauling stuff, like an enclosed pickup truck. If he only knew! (maybe he did....)

Ron Funkhouser and David Gersic like this.
  13. Funny story. I had to leave my girl for a gas can deposit too once . L.O.L. WE were in a van ,sometimes more fun then the HOT ROD! 013.jpg WE thought that it was sooo funny I took this photo when we took his can back l.o.l.

14. Jim636

Jim636
    from Wyandotte

I drove my 40 pickup ( my avatar ) to high school and everyone would ask what the hell is that.......

15. Kool and you take your bed with you. L.O.L. nice 40 pickup I have one but It is rough!

Jim636 likes this.
  16. COOL roadster how long you guys been married? Your lucky they let you park in the teachers parking lot .They would ban me from the parking , Many times. L.O.L.

ct1932ford likes this.
  17. grm61

grm61
    from Washington

Oh my!:)

18. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Looking back, only owned one car that could out handle it in snow. Only owned one car that was faster, but only in a straigth line. Best heater I ever had, best beater I ever had! Best seats I ever had, and old guys like me, people of my own age rolls there eyes.
    If that car could make girls drop there pants as fast as, old guys drop the line about; wish I never sold mine! I would be happy and dehydrated all day!!

It's the Scandinavien trip five! Light, fast, fun, avalible and everbody had one.

With all do respect, they do look good, but an cast iron V8 makes the stand on there nose and fall on there ass in anything but a straigth line drag.
    Look at my avatar, that has a Rover 215 all-Alu V8 and the power plant as 60-80 kilos lighter on the front axle then a stock 4 banger. And it handles like a road racing car, goes like a rocket and stops like it was chained to an anchor.
    It will be rebuild in to a gasser with a nailhead-look. No straigth axle, but still a gasser.

classiccarjack likes this.
  19. Hay FORD NUT Those were the days, be fun to relive them . I dated with the hot rod and had a vette at the time also . the girls liked it better . But my wife always like the old car as she called it. So I new she was the one for me. here's a picture of her riding Shot Gun 003.jpg

20. verde742

verde742

FullSizeRender(22).jpg 1961 check vanity plate, "says JUST A FORD" worked hard to get it, dropped headlite bar 3 times. finally got it.
    ( man,that front tire looks terrible, but it wasn't)
    front tires 6:70 x 15, look huge now, back tires 8:20 x 15

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Ron Funkhouser, bowie, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  21. verde742

verde742

FullSizeRender(17).jpg FullSizeRender(21).jpg FullSizeRender(18).jpg I sanded off good dark green paint to put primer spots on it. under construction primer.. to be cool.. 48 Merc flathead, column shift, red wheels, gave bumpers to a friend for his '31 Model A coupe. ( p.s. front end was not a mess, picture distorted.)

TOUCH PICTURES TWICE..

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  22. Going to be 45 years this September!:eek:

23. WOW a cool 32 three window with a cute sweet heart , It doesn't get any better than that. Love to know more about both those SWEET HEARTS !

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. verde742

verde742

not much to tell, Car gone, traded, girl married someone else, I did also. many cars ago..

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  25. srfd132

srfd132

[​IMG]
    My rides in High School in the early 90's, a 1940 Pontiac Deluxe 8 coupe with a 468 Big block, and a stocker 1940 Pontiac 4 door sedan (was supposed to be a parts car for the coupe but it was too nice.) Took my Junior High sweetheart to prom in the 4 door. Still have the sweetheart and the 4 door Poncho. The coupe met its maker by being driven into by a drunk in a Pontiac Sunbird.

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

didn't drive a Hot Rod, but a 1949 Chevrolet Coupe with a 261. I only lived a block from school but drove it anyway so I could take it into auto shop.

27. verde742

verde742

Maybe IT WAS A 216, ? NOT A 261 ?

28. You did good!;)

30. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A skirt was always an incentive..long live the sex