Register now to get rid of these ads!

History My Friend's Dad's cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tubman, Dec 20, 2014.

1. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3-window again.jpg 34 3-window.jpg 39 Pontiac.jpg Another Pontiac.jpg

I got a Christmas email from a high school friend, and he sent along some pictures of some cars his dad had before WWII. The '34 3-window and the '39 Pontiac are easy, but what Is the third? Looks like an early '30's Pontiac to me.

The '34 makes me weak in the knees. I knew his dad, and he didn't seem to be the type to have a car like that.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  2. i think the last one is a 34 pontiac 8

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You have to remember that prior to the war his Dad's cars were probably just transportation. And, that there weren't 2 or 3 cars in every family. Many families couldn't afford a car. Public transportation was the norm, and the population tended to be centered in cities. Home ownership was reserved for the wealthier class. America was still in a depression mode. For most of us who are 65 plus, our parents knew the rigors of being broke and lived out their lives molded by experiences that most of us have never encountered. Cars were a luxury.

33sporttruck likes this.

5. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

I'm pretty sure the last one is 34 or 35 Buick 60 series

6. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's not very clear, but it looks like an Indian head radiator cap/hood ornament on the last picture. That's what led me to guess Pontiac.

7. rfraze

rfraze

Butch Fry's Dad was building a SBC powered Henry J during the mid 60s in Irving, Texas. Sure kept us motorheads interested for a while. I was always curious what happened to that car.