Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Deuce Coupe Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy Tee, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

2. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

3. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Where did you grt the brass hinges? Are they from Brookville? I have been looking for a set for my coupe.

4. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Wescots & Brookville sell them.

Looking great Oz.

5. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

These were cast in a place local to me (Dandenong, Melbourne). They will polish up nicely.

6. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Wescots & Brookville sell them.

Looking great Oz.

These were cast in a place local to me (Dandenong, Melbourne). They will polish up nicely.

Thanks for the info.!

7. Roger53

Roger53

Really like what your doing here. TO THE ENGINE GUY (YOU SIR ARE AN ASS HAT) KEEP POSTING IT'S A GREAT READ! and all in the when rubber hits the road.

8. Samcote2000

Samcote2000
    from San Diego

Loving those brass hinges. Bitchin change to a minor detail thats been done the same way so many times.

9. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

They should be bronze.

10. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Oz how you getting on with this ???

11. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Ok.... time for an update.

As you can tell from the date of the last update, things continue to move along slowly.

The Cabin Steelout is complete. The seat is mounted in place, as are the door hinges.

The steelout of the doors are being finalised with the inclusion of Intrusion Bars.

The Colapsible Steering Column/Shaft & Windshield Wiper setup will now be installed before the Engineer is called out to inspect and hopefully pass it. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Looks good Oz.

13. Good to see some progress

14. How does the interior attach to the RHS??

15. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Some more good work by the guy's down at Hellbent Engineering.....

The Wiper system has been Mocked up. It is an Ezy-Wiring cable operated system. The Alloy conduit now needs to be installed for the cable to pass through so to ensure no interference.

I purchased a Pertronix Distributor & matching Coil from Bubba, here on the HAMB and am now preparing all my engine bits to take down to a Machine shop. The mess of an engine that I purchased needs to be checked out properly before I go any further with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Lookin good JT - I guess the Bayon/Mortein/Aerogard combo worked !!

Rat

17. nickcrow

nickcrow

Nice work, good to see it cranking along, what are you using for a column looks like an early ford?

18. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

It's a Chrysler AP5 column.

19. A BONED

A BONED

Some good progress there Jimmy. Looking sharp man.
    Love the use of the AP5 column, it's always good to have some Mother MoPar in there somewhere.

20. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Nice bit of progress Oz, looking smart.

21. Cool set up on the rear end with the ladder bars.

Frenchy

22. I've just been back for a re-read of this thread, great work by all involved.

Keep it up

23. Once you have figured out the routing of the spark plug wire tube for the wires to be fed from the driver side to the distributor if you could post pictures of it. I am in the process of using the same idea using a set of spark plug tube from a 1946 to 1948 Lincoln Zephyr as there is more room inside the tube for the wires to be routed. The tube on the driver side will need to be bend to fit under the generator and to exit near the distributor cap.

Thanks
    Frenchy

24. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

25. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Some Good News and some Bad news since the last update.

Firstly the Good News. The Rod had it's second of three Engineer inspections the past month. It passed with No issues. During this inspection the Engineer reviews the Body Steelout work, including side intrusion bars on the doors, Seating position, Visibility through the Windshield, Door Locks (AntiBurst) and Collapsible Steering column (must be min 50mm collapsible). I've chosen to go with the Club Reg scheme, for those in Oz that understand that. A lot easier to get such a car on the road and a damn sight cheaper also.

In other work, the Cable wiper installation was completed with the installation of the alloy conduit for the cable. The collapsible steering column & shaft were fabricated and steering set-up is nearly complete.

Here is the Bad News. I took my Flathead & associated bits down to a reputable Vintage engine builder to have the machine work checked out. The first test he did was a pressure test on the Block where he discovered unrepairable leaks on one side of the block, a few of the Helicoils were also very dodgy. So the decision was made to use my other block, that's being used for mock-up for the Body/Chassis build.

I really got stitched up on that Engine purchase deal. Watch out for another post where I'll name & shame this prick from Fresno :mad:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hellbent Engineering (the guy's doing the Body Steelout) have moved to new premises, a lot smaller than their previous place. Seems that storage room is being maximised, judging by the picture below :).

[​IMG]

26. Good to see some progress.

Sorry to hear about the engine.

27. great to see the progress, what's the front seat frame from?

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

28. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Oz its looking great, sorry to hear about the prick in Fresno, name and shame mate, it won't help you but it may stop someone else getting tucked up.
    Keep at it bud your gonna have a nice car in the end.

29. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

It's a 'Glide Engineering' seat... Purpose built for Deuce's. The base tilts forward which provides storage room underneath.

30. Tripple G

Tripple G

Thanks for updating your build. I probably would not have found it if it hadn't been.
    Excellent work and good photographs. You've sure come along way with that flathead. Keep up the good work and the updates.:cool: