Register now to get rid of these ads!

Most Expensive Ride You Got to Drive

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dennis kirban, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Compared to my net worth, my most expensive was a new '59 Chivvy. I just thought I needed it. Stupid, Stupid.
    The payments were over 60% of my monthly income. Ha. Wondered how the bank could imagine I could make the payments. I guess their eyes were bigger than mine. Made two monthlys, then let them repo it.

2. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

You should of waited for your check from the Prez....coming to a mailbox near you!!

cough...cough...cough :cool:

3. metalshapes

metalshapes

I dont think they made any of those.

They made a Pre-War car called the SS, and after WWII the same factory made Jaguars.

4. BOOB

BOOB
    from Taylor, TX

That's a good point but I've always said that it was Nazi era due to the swastika we found on (if I remember right) the idler arm. We weren't expecting it and then searched every part for another. It was the only one. It was a real trip. Beautiful car.

I'm happy to see a real Jag buff on the board!

5. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Since guys are posting f-15s Then I got to drive a nice big nuclear powered submarine 1963 vintage. For cars I got to ride in a 1936 Packard roadster v 12 . I was at the gilmore museum. drive car wise my 1953 cadillac .

6. That's an expensive target!:eek:

I can't believe that it can stop that fast at speed... sure you didn't forget to add the multiplier to it?? What's it like to park it?

I agree with your comment about the cost... mostly it's about the "COOL Factor"...

I've got about 30+ hours in 4 different P-51's, a few hours in T-6's, T-28's, T-33's and a ride in a T-38 Talon as well a as Tweety Bird (T-37) and almost got a ride in a A-4 Skyhawk at the EAA... Very Cool!!!

I got to float around the cockpit in a C5 but never drove... and I never had the desire to fly the heavy's... but enjoyed many comfy trips oversea's in them.

7. No Clue...

No Clue...
    from Lusk, WY

My Dads '59 Impala drop top. 348,4bbl, 4spd, power everything. Red/white/white.

First year Viper, on the showroom floor.LOL

64 and 1/2 Mustang 2+2

79 Pacecar edition 'Vette with 3500 original miles.

Numbers matching big block, 4spd, petty blue, 1973 Roadrunner.

...oh, and one of those Magnum P.I Ferrari's. :D

8. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

The SS90 and SS100 Jaguar was the first use of the name Jaguar by SS..

After the war the SS name and SS Badge which looked very much like the SS troops insignia was dropped. The company then became Jaguar car LTD.
    [​IMG]

I have seen a few..sat in one..but never drove one.

9. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

TWIN 16 FOOT DIAMETER VARIABLE PITCH PROPS.
    IT CAN GO FROM 100% PITCH TO A 16 FT DIAMETER WALL by backing it down. A 12 ft wall of water then washes over the fan tail. They call it a a crash back.
    At flank 3 the aft hull is not even in the water. This ship can throw a rooster tail like a bass boat. :D

10. piche582

piche582
    from Sonora, Ca

Our $400,000 ladder truck at work. That was the cost new, it's 14 years old now, but they're still in the $500K+ price range for a new one

11. MY WIFE !!! Claims she's PRICELESS !!!! >>>>.

12. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

The original Ford GT40 was 40" from the ground to the highest point on the car. The new one is much larger and could not carry the "40" designation.

13. motorhead711

motorhead711

2002 Greenwood special Edition Corvette. I worked at a chevy dealer for a short time, and got to drive this brand new, special ordered machine to the service bay for a once over. It was a bit nerve racking driving it just the short distance I did. But I guess I was a bit more cautious then a few others I work with. Two of the mechanics that checked the car out took it for a ride when they were done and damn near burned the rear tires off the car test driving it up the road in front of the dealership!!!

14. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

not sure about the price tag, but I drove a Washington state ferry once on the Fauntleroy/vashon/southworth run.. I wish I remember which boat, I think it was the "tillicum" but Im not sure.. Anyone know what those boats cost?

15. HotrodBoy

HotrodBoy

Driven 89 Testarossa value at time $135,000.
    Ride in 1912 Mercedes value $500,000
    Coolest most expensive drive GT40 replica $70,000
    Lowest miles most expensive brand new fresh out factory door Honda Legend value $80,000

16. dwcustom

dwcustom

1935 Packard Deitrich body, V-12 victoria conv.

17. Bazooka

Bazooka

67 GTO 400HO 4 speed

18. I almost forgot to mention the Oshkosh Crash rescue fire trucks we service and sell daily for a living. Average truck is worth $975,000.00. There are option packages too if you want to gussy it up a little.
    Typical unit is Cat powered 950 HP to propel 4500 gallons of water plus foam and dry chemical to a crashed plane in the matter of seconds. 0 to 50 in 35 seconds loaded. Not too bad for 108,000lbs,huh?

19. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

I used to work at a European garage just down the street from the community college I currently work at. I had put in my two week notice and it was my last day. I spent the day wrapping up loose ends. One of which was a Rolls Royce that I had torn apart. Of course when I got it buttoned up it needed a test drive...so i cruised up to said community college and about 5 minutes in the gravel lot was enough for me to leave that job with a smile on my face! Definitely not the most expensive car I've driven but my best expensive car story i can think of right now.

20. Between 1966 and 1971 I was a valet in an upscale parking garage in Seattle at nights across the street from the hotel people went to when they had money and next door to one of the swankest restaurants on the west coast. Two cars made an impression whenever they came in, a Mercedes Gullwing 300SL and the governor's limo. The Gov's chauffer would let us park it because of the liability issues. I hated the 300 because of how hard it was to get in and out of. We had a couple of Ferraris on a regular basis and a local jeweler bought a new lemon yellow E Type. Norm would go on trips and leave the car with explicit instructions to make sure it got driven while he was gone. We'd get an occasional Bentley or Rolls which we all hated because the garage was in a building that had cement pillars between the stalls and they were set width wise for the narrow cars of the 1910's. The worst time of year was Spring because of all the high school proms. A lot of nice cars, a lot of pretty girls, 400 pound clutch springs and no tips.

21. pinman 39

pinman 39

Last summer I was vending at the West Yellowstone Mt. Rod Run .I had my brother helping me out .He has a hard on for Cobra's .A guy showed up with one and we BS'd
    a couple of times and we sold him some merch.Saturday he came by my booth to say
    hi .So I asked him if he ever gave anybody a ride ? I explained a Cobra is my brothers Dream Machine .He said he did give rides he would and then turned to my brother and said "better yet you'll drive it " And he did .I guess 600 plus hp of Rousch Racing
    427 Ford hauls Ass . My Brother still has a Shit Eatin Grinn on his face and it was 7 months ago!

22. First one would be in 1973. I was working as a valet parker at the Five Crowns restaurant in Corona del Mar. In came a 1964 (I think) Rolls Royce limo based on the Silver Cloud III. The chauffeur told me that only a handful were made in this particular configuration and that Queen Elizabeth had one as did some Arab Sheik. He told me to go ahead and take it around the block and then park it out front. What he failed to tell me was that it had air brakes and that the tank had a leak. It would not build pressure until it had been running for a little bit. Well I almost hit the wall at the back of the parking lot. They all thought it was quite funny, I about stained my shorts! At that time the car was worth well over $100,000 - now days probably 1/2 mil.

In 1989 I was hired by Citroen to bring our race car to Mexico and work out a race course and race against Jackie Ickx and Bjorn Waldegard to see if they could be competitive in the Baja 1000. The car they brought was from the Paris Dakar Rally and was a Carbon Fiber, all wheel drive, turbo and supercharged mid engine wonder. At the end of the test I got to drive it in anger. They had insured it for the trip to Mexico from France for a cool Million Dollars.

Oh and I owned a 67 Sunbeam Tiger in 1975, but even as a race car with provenance it was only worth $3,000 then :eek:

As I was typing this, i was talking to a friend and told him about it since he worked on some interesting stuff in his life. He said well my boy can beat all that - The USS Bremerton, nuclear sub $900 Million

23. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i'll play. 2010 Corvette ZR-1 that i painted for the Detroit International Auto show this year. sticker said $121,000. just sitting in it and hitting the start button made my heart race. :D

24. Master of None

Master of None

Not sure whats worth more now, my dads 69 427 4 spd. Corvette or his 67 4 spd. 400 h.o G.T.O. Been a while since I've looked at a price guide.

25. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

Wow, that was it? Yer my freakin hero.....

26. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

27. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I got to steer/brake Marty Robbins' last race car in as raced condition off the trailer and into the mall for display. I was like 12. My Step-grandfather worked for Cotton Owens from the early days.

My favorite uncle in Fla. is a car guy and has the wallet to back it up. When I was 16 he threw me the keys to his Healy 3000, freshly restored.

He had an origional Mini Cooper that had had a little work done on it, of course. Went over to drive it, loved it. Like a go cart with a body. Wife hated it, said it smelled and was noisy......DUH! So we get back and he asks how I liked it? Loved it! Now you have to drive the Porsche......2001 911 turbo AWD. Told him I had to hurry, had dinner plans with mom, He says bring it back later. HOLY SHIT, that thing was fast, and it cost more than my house. 80 in 3rd and out of road. The bad part was that we were around in a retirement village.....speed limit 35. Would have loved to turn it loose on the turnpike........

28. Irish

Irish

Several Porsche Carrera GT's. Retailed for $480K when new. Rolls Royce Corniche Convertible, Ferrari 512BB Boxer, MB 300SL Gull Wing to name a few.

Attached Files:

29. thunderroad

thunderroad
    from san mateo

I'm the car monster at monster cable, so daily I driving a 2009 ferrari 16m, with 4 to choose from. But with over 40 different cars is really hard to choose what to drive. Its funny I rather be in my chopped buick then in a $400,000 ferrari.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I drive this and it was a little more than half a million:D

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.