Register now to get rid of these ads!

Monroe WA Swap Meet this weekend!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shaggy, May 14, 2007.

1. We'll be there. Good swap meet if you can make it.

2. samurai mike

samurai mike

anybody want to meet up at the tunnel sometime on sat? just a thought.

3. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

sounds a little gay

4. samurai mike

samurai mike

5. samurai mike

samurai mike

five more days and counting!

6. :rolleyes: Only 2 more days ? Oh crap !

7. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I still gotta pack.

8. CGkidd

CGkidd

I have most of my crap loaded

9. samurai mike

samurai mike

one more day! be there or be square!

10. Trailbandit

Trailbandit
    from Sumas wa

11. pontman

pontman

At least you don't have far to go. I'm in, need a window frame for my 29 Model A Fordor

12. it will be good to see friends from the other side of the mountains!

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

be sure to take pics & post here

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

HB32 and I will be there first thing Sat am. I'll be wearing a big cardboard wanted sign on my back with '55/'56 Lancer wheelcovers & Desoto Hemi plug wire covers at the top of the list, so if you see me, feel free to say hi.

15. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Now i have a list of things to buy friday night to mark up for my booth!

16. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Looking forward to it.

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ill be looking for you in that case! I have 3 lancers right now, so Im HUNGRY!

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Now I know how my daughter feels on Christmas Eve. Hot Diggity Dawg!!

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

One other thing I am looking for, for an off topic car, is a pair Of 14x6, 5 on 4.5 real M/T Raders (NOT "radirs":rolleyes:) or Sears/JC penny wheels, in nice shape with good chrome on the rims. Probably a long shot, but...

20. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Good to meet you George,
    Hope you find good use for that stuff, keep us posted.
    Model A didn't sell, lots of interest, good exposure anyway.
    I did find a few things I didn't even know I needed..
    another J2 setup, an Olds - Pontiac rear complete with 3.42 posi and a bubble wheel balancer in nice shape..

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So is this the 2007 swap meet you guys went to or the 2015 swap meet? Bout time to start a new thread for the next one.
    I finally figured out that it was this morning at about 08:30 this morning when I checked the schedule Cruzin magazine puts out.

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

It was good to meet you as well Paul. Yanked the heads off as soon as I got home, you werent exagerrating, that block is Really NICE!! No ridge at all. I was originally going to do 1/8 over and 371 pistons, but that block is so nice, I dont know if I have the heart now. I'll have to do some figuring, and see if I can get 10.5/1 at .030 over.
    I found a couple items on my list, the early chevy 10 bolt with 4.10s was a real score, and I got a set of round back spindles, delco generator, and a stack of early sixties Car Craft and PHR. One thing I noticed, a couple of the usual magazine vendors were missing. Also got a good lead on the '57 283 block I have been hunting for.
    The early Mallory dual point with the two piece cap for the Olds was the real find for me, I didnt even have it on my list, I figured finding one was such a long shot. The only used stuff I still need for the Olds is a starter.
    Between the Edelbrock valve covers you sold me,my OL496, and that distributor, that is going to be a really well dressed rocket! I seem to really have good "carma" lately!
    That one guy in the red sweatshirt seemed really interested in the A, maybe you will get a call from him.
    The two guys I was with were bitching they didnt find enough stuff. i told them they just need to have more car projects, the more stuff you need, the easier it is to find parts!
    I had a lot of fun, hope to see you there in the fall!

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  23. F&J

F&J

You prob know that there are 2 starters, depending on flywheel teeth count. The one for the older flywheel has a thin circular strap cover over where the brushes are. Some Olds starters have shorted fields that I find. They bench test Ok, but won't spin the motor fast enough. I suppose you don't want a mini starter, but that will save looking for a starter crossover lower bell. Yes I know you are fussy on repro stuff.

Edelbrock covers are slick. Tough to find.

Sounds like a good oldtime swap there... and it seems there were lots of Olds builders in Washington back then.

falcongeorge likes this.
  24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I got a starter switchover And a steel flywheel from Paul. He really set me up good. I'll count the teeth on the flywheel, and post it here. I read somewhere on the Hamb that you could use a cad starter with the switchover, so the solenoid will face upwards. Do you know if thats correct?

25. Paul

Paul
    Editor

the guy in the red jacket, "Willy Wonka" did seem very interested
    and a car finder approached me as I was loading it back on the trailer and said he has a customer looking for exactly that and gave me his card..

falcongeorge likes this.
  26. F&J

F&J

"I read somewhere on the Hamb that you could use a cad starter with the switchover, so the solenoid will face upwards. Do you know if thats correct?"

I saw that years ago, too. I don't know.

I've seen one guy that clearanced the oil pan for a rotated solenoid.... and I saw one guy had a changeover with 2 sets of starter holes...good grief.

On that header you got....From what little I recall on my 40, there was no easy way for dual exhaust on driver side near the rear of motor. Were the Belond made for a generic install?

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

On the header, I dont really know, we were just looking at it and speculating that it looks like it might fit. Even if it doesnt fit, I wanted it so I could copy the tube size and the look of the welds and so on.

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ok, so my flywheel is 145 tooth, so I need a '49/'53 starter, right? Anyone have a photo particularly of the strap Frank refers to? How many teeth on the pinion? Anything else that will interchange? And yes, modern mini starters are out on this one. Frank, I saw your install with the stock starter position, very slick, but this one is gonna be "period" all the way. Another question, I assume the '49/'53 starters are 6 volt?
    Everything else I have for this deal is 12 volt.

29. F&J

F&J

30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Th
    thanks Frank. I have been trying to find a good online pic of a 145 tooth cad starter that shows how the solenoid s clocked, but I havent had much luck. If the solenoid will clear the block, it seems to me the cad starter should work, and make for a cleaner install. Maybe I should start a new thread on this, we have turned the "whos going to Munroe" thread, into a "olds with a changeover starter fit" thread...