Register now to get rid of these ads!

Monroe WA Swap Meet this weekend!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shaggy, May 14, 2007.

1. uncle buck

uncle buck

Any other great buys from the weekend?

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I was looking for your truck early sat. morning, never saw it. I was gonna say hi.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I picked up a $90 set of '28-29 roadster doors(last parts for a now $165 roadster body), a late m21 muncie in parts for $325, an almost unused edmonds 8ba head, a spare allen distributer tuning machine for parts, a 1930's chevy cowl for my roundy-round car, and a ton of other odds and ends. All in all, i was a good $500 in the hole after selling a bit of junk so i did pretty good

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I missed the distributor machine ( If I'd seen it, I woulda grabbed it!!), where was it?

5. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

It was right in the middle, infront of the big building, I think I gave $100 for it. The guy I got it from said it spun great, but the dwell and tach didn't work. He said he just used a handheld for tach and dwell. I got it for a backup/spare parts for mine because It looks like it has new wiring, and he said it had a new motor, and the vacuum pump worked great, which is good since my vacuum pump is bad

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Nice! $100 is a hell of a deal. We ended at the big building, you'd probably already snagged it by the time I got there. My 9" housing was a pretty decent deal too, $75 57" wide, I thought it was narrowed, but the guy I was with figures its factory, which would make it '65/'66 Mustang. Fairly rare piece. I bought some '52/'58 Hot Rods as well, filled in some gaps in my collection. One was March '58 with "Sailor Bobs" T on the cover, loved that car since I first saw a small b&w shot in Hot Rod in '74, made my day finding that.

7. uncle buck

uncle buck

If it is a 65-66 Mustang housing , it will step down to smaller diameter tube where the U-bolts slip over the tube to mount it to the leaf springs. If it has the same diameter tube from the center section all the way to the outer bearing flange it's not an original 65-665 Mustang housing

8. i scored a NOS gas door for my 1950 mercury $30! some specialty power window regulators that work $20! some motor mounts sbc new for $50, my buddy paid $120 for same ones last month! passed on anything else but have some stuff to look at after some pictures arrive.

9. Well shoot, maybe next time. We have the same 4 spots every year. When you pull in to the main fair entrance turning off HWY 2 there is a brick wall on the right, we are behind that wall. During the fair the police set up their little stand for controlling the traffic lights right there outside the wall.

My truck was parked a little behind our spots. A bunch of people managed to stumble across it, and it got a lot of nice comments, that made me feel like I was taking it in a good direction =)

10. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I should add, I bought a box of mags for $20 pulled out about 20 or so pre'70 issues, and a 1st issue of VW trends, not that I care about VW's but I'm sure some VW guys would probably more than pay the cost of the box just for that one magazine.

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ha! Funny! I saw you, but didnt know it was you!! I went through that box, but I already had most of the mags in it. About an hour later, Roger said "looks like someone bought those mags you looked at" and pointed at you. That was just about 10 minutes before I found the 9" housing.

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ah, ok, I know where you were. We didnt even get up that way. Next time I am going to wear a "parts wanted" sign, I'll post what the sign is gonna say on here before I go, that way Hambers can just watch for the goofball with the "Short Bar Lancers Wanted" sign on his back...

13. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Bought a 40 steering wheel, pair f1 shock mounts and a GM 525 steering box. The steering box I got for $5.

14. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

The hell of it is i probably have most of those mags too, i know i have 3 copies of atleast one r+c that was in there. Mabey when i take inventory of what i have i might be able to fill some of your missing mags.

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Sounds good, let me know. You can NEVER have too many old car magazines. Why my wife cannot grasp this fundamental rule of personal freedom and happiness escapes me...:p

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Excellent point Buck, and one I overlooked. I will check.

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Buck, axle tubes are straight, so it is a narrowed housing from something else. Thats what I thought it was when I bought it, and now I can weld on it guilt free, so I can use it for what I originally intended...

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thats a hell of a deal!

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I need a '41-'48 fuel door for my '39, forgot about that completely, didnt even put it on my shopping list!:rolleyes:

20. samurai mike

samurai mike

it's may, let the count down begin! how many are going? may 16, 2015

21. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

The race between my income tax refund and the swap meet is gunna be close!

22. samurai mike

samurai mike

well, at least you can walk there!

23. JimSibley

JimSibley

24. SHOTGUN !

25. Dammit, it always falls on the weekends I have to work...

26. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Vacation is only a sick day away, besides, priorities! I consider that no matter how much time and a half i make, i always make out better money wise on cheap parts, but then again i buy a lot and live off top ramen for the next month so i can be the next Smaug(dragon from 'The Hobbit') of vintage hot rod parts

warbird1 likes this.
  27. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Don't you guys realize, the more people that know about it effectively lowers your chances at getting the best parts! I've got a friend that deals in Tri-Five Chevrolet cars AND parts, and he's always there for all the swap meets held at the fairgrounds. He hauls most of his stuff in a big, yellow, Ford box van (you can't miss the Yellow Submarine); if you see him, tell him Butch said to give you a good deal. I'm serious, he owes me. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

28. Going to have to miss the spring meet, hopefully Ill get to hit the fall meet.

29. CGkidd

CGkidd

I plan on being there

30. rusty bill

rusty bill

I hope to be there.:)