Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Model A Windshield Slider Pivot Points Measurement Needed

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by F-6Garagerat, Jul 29, 2014.

1. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

When my A Pickup cab was chopped way back when, they cut out the section of the A pillar with the stud for the windshield opening slides. I need to put a stud back on each pillar but, I'm not sure where to locate it. Could someone measure the distance between the 2 points in the attached pic when the windshield is in the closed position for me? I'd rather not guess.

I was thinking of attaching a small bracket on the rear edge of the A pillar with a stud mounted to it, sort of Model TT Truck style that I've seen but If I can get them back where they belong I would like to. So, If anyone has a good way of attaching the new studs I would be interested in hearing/seeing how you did it. Thanks.

pivot points.jpg

2. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't have a pickup to measure, but on my '31 panel truck it is 1" from center of stud to center of screw with the windsheild closed. Hope that helps.

3. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Perfect. that gives me something to go on. Thanks

4. captmullette

captmullette

mine still had the stud on the windshield I had to add the on the pillar, I drilled a hole and slot cut it so a bolt would slide in and put a nut on it on the outside....i'll try to post a pic.......gotta be a better way than what I did, mig weld would be my choice, I just didn't have one

5. OFT

OFT

My 29AA measures 1/2" between studs when windshield closed.

Earl

6. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

OK on my stock '30 coupe, the stud centers are 1" with the window closed. Also, the window stud is 1/2" below the post stud when closed.

7. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Thank you that's good info. I should be able to fix this up with the details I have now. Thanks everyone!