Register now to get rid of these ads!

Metropolitan engine/trans swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by belair, Jul 30, 2007.

1. airbubba32

airbubba32
    from Michigan

Do you still have this Dual Outlet Exhaust Mainifold?

2. modelamac

modelamac

In 1985 we put a Datsun engine out of i think it was a 510 fit like a glove... we made some mounts so it mounted directly to the original motor mount holes on the frame and done just a little changing to the cross member to make the 4 speed trans work... the car ran like a dream down the highway you could keep up with anything... 70mph... the rear had low gear but with a auto you should be fine... we owned and drove the car for over 20 years just selling it 2 years ago so we could finance building a 35 Ford you can see the car at Duffy's Collectible Cars web site http://www.duffys.com/results.asp?stocknum=7060821 here are some photos from there web site... this is the car we done!!! let me know if you have any questions I will help you in any way. Good Luck on your engine swap!!

Attached Files:

3. Tony

Tony

We did this to a friends 56 Met years ago.
    Used the motor and trans and worked perfectly..ran great too..can't remember how it idled, it was a LONG time ago.. probably rough like the other's said..
    Only problem i can remember was the oil filter was a bitch to get off..something interfered with it, just can't remember what..

4. mattcrp1

mattcrp1

my wife wants one of these

5. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

If you could find a way to use a GM 2.4 DOHC engine out of something small like a Cavalier or Sunfire you won't be dissappointed. 150 HP stock makes the Met pretty fast. Hook it to a 700r4 transmission if you want automatic. I would also investigate the 2.8 Chevy and Ford V6's. They are 60 degrees and give you plenty of room for accessories.

6. Did one years ago with a 2 litre Pinto with dual side draft Webers. Went like Stink! Then there's this one when it was in for exhaust ....
    [​IMG]