Register now to get rid of these ads!

Metal working Work shop with Ron Covell in the midwest Oct 3, 4

Discussion in 'Hot Rod Revolution' started by Auto Doug, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Metal shaping wizard Ron Covell will be in the midwest (Lincoln, Nebraska) hosting a two day metal shaping workshop! Oct 3rd & 4th and of course it is to be held at Speedway Motors in the fabrication shop next to the world famous Museum of American Speed! Times will be from 9am to 5 pm both days, no museum tour is planed as of yet? but if the class fills up I'm sure we can work it in. If your not familiar with Ron and his automotive shaping art just google his name or visit his web site, feel free to sign up & register there as well. Or call me and i'll get you in touch with Ron to reserve your spot, (Doug 402 474 2344) it will be limited to 25 people but as of now plenty of room yet.

Ron is a friend of mine and asked if I could put the word out since it's in the midwest not quite as large of a population to draw from and rarely if ever do these legendary dudes come around to stage a work shop in the Heartland! But Ron has always wanted to see the Museum of American Speed for him self instead of just hearing about it so I'll run him over for the Friday afternoon tour, and to get his equipment set up for the workshop.

Hope to see some of you HAMBers in the midwest make it here for a successful event, or if you are from afar feel free to fly in to the Lincolns airport it's only 5 minutes away from the Speedway Motors campus, or the Omaha airport is only 45 minutes away, and we can arrange pick up & drop off. plenty of hotels in the area and rooms are inexpensive.

I'm a local body restoration hot rod shop here in Lincoln just up the street from Speedway Motors, Speedy Bill would call on us often for special projects he always had in the works. We will plan to have an after hours event here at my shop on Sat evening involving my new rotisserie the Roller Hoop maybe a little hammering and metal shaping on my 47 I-H redesign project? also I have a 51 ford truck frt end BBQ grill so maybe a few burnt hot Dogs are in your future! Well anyway we look to make it a good time and fill your weekend with cool gear head activities! Put some thought into it and make it happen for yourself your sure to have a great time!

Attached Files: