Register now to get rid of these ads!

MAYDAY MAYDAY Banger Meet in is progress...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Artiki, May 1, 2008.

1. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

thanks Bill I am using a 32 bellhousing and a 34 B box and wanted to know if it is neccesary to reverse the drive in this application I have the barrel drive end for the starter dont know exactly what it came off just bought it on ebay for model A starter I have 2 motors and 1 has a lightened stocker the 34 stock A bone on it maybe B dont know how to tell difference, maybe weigh them. Just playing with parts here too see if it works
    thanks
    Ken

2. Vic King once told me about a guy that had a DOHC Hal that had a habit of loosening the flywheel bolts. He installed a dampener supplied by Vic and it supposedly cured the problem. Specialty Ford Parts in Rosemead Ca makes a repop of a dampener made by Winfield. I gues the idea of a dampener on a hot "A" or "B" isn't really new. I also heard from a guy that had a 12Lb. flywheel and a dampener that weighed 20+ lbs. This was on an eight port engine in a sprint car. He said it hit 6 grand twice a lap. The engine had a "BB" crank.

3. 4-port Riley

4-port Riley

June 22nd in Addison, TX. The event will be held in Addison Circle Park, gather around 6 a.m. and hope to start running at 7. For info contact [email protected]

4. 4-port Riley

4-port Riley

Addison TX, June 22nd. For info contact Jim Brierley at [email protected] Start at 6 a.m. , run around 7 till ???

5. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Is it possible to drill flywheel bolts for safety wire? Worthwhile endeavor?

6. Originals were drilled, I use an ARP 12 point flathead flywheel bolt with Locktite. Some Al. flathead flywheels need to be relieved to clear 12 point socket

7. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I'm running a 20# Alum. F/W and safety wired bolts. No problem with loose bolts with mine.

8. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Yup, mine are already wired, too.

9. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

Is that a v/8 flathead flywheel? and what starter are you using? anybody make one of those hi torque asian starters for this application?
    thanks
    Ken

10. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

No, It is an alum. copy of a model A F/W that I got from H&H. I'm using a stock 6v starter on 12 volts. I have seen the hi torque starters, but I didn't want to use one because I'm running without a hood and I don't like the "look" of them.