Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mark TEN B IDENTIFY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old city, Nov 17, 2010.

1. old city

old city

Any body know any thing about this capacitive discharge ignition? It is made by Delta products inc . Grand jct Colo. U.S.A. What year? Is it worth using ? Or is it just a junk box?

Attached Files:

2. Late 60's through mid 70's were when I used to see them. They were indeed an early CD box. Made a hotter spark by using Capacitive Discharge. Normally you couldn't really tell any difference, even if the hotter spark were there.

3. Castr8r

Castr8r
    Member Emeritus

I had one on a '68 Javein, swapped it to the '69 Jav., and had it on a Chev pick-up. It worked great- cold weather starts were quick and it helped mileage some, too. My brother had a 'binder combine with a corn head that would not start- he'd run down two batteries over two days trying everything he knew, including ether. Mostly, it wouldn't even hit due to the cold- 0*. I jury rigged the Mark 10B to the ignition system and when the half dead battery rolled it over, it started and ran with out missing.

Supposedly, it sends multiple hi energy sparks at low rpms, and just hotter spark at higher rpm. Whatever it did, it worked very well for me.

4. squirrel

squirrel

5. No multi spark, just a higher energy single spark through the CD