Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lucky 13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 25, 2008.

1. heyerground

heyerground

Gigantor, yeah I guess my Dad was pretty balsy. In 1924, when he was 20 years old, he and a buddy went for a motorcycle ride--from NJ out to the wild west on their Indians. Got a photo album of that trip too. It was only years later, when he had "settled down" and married that he started to build hot rods! He built some kind of sportster with headlights linked to the steering so they would turn into the direction you were going. Then he built the "slightly shortened" "T" you see here just before he built the Lucky 13 racer. BOY, THOSE WERE THE DAYS!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mdapperdan

mdapperdan
    from Az.

Thanks, Ryan
    Looking back is not bad. I always find it fun .

3. gearjam1

gearjam1

-I have a 1926 Henney Hearse/Limousine that had the body burn in '33. I keep telling myself that someday I'll get my project list down to where I can finally build something like this. Features like this one have got to be my favorites!! :D

4. heyerground

heyerground

I was told that my dad made it as narrow as possible because he was working with the high Buick chassis. Going narrow was the only way to reduce drag.

5. heyerground

heyerground

[​IMG]
    For those who dig the old dirt tracks here's one for you. I think it was a promo car for the track where my dad's car raced.

6. autobilly

autobilly

Gigantor hit the nail on the head, someting to live up to and respect. Kool car; home built, race pedigree, street driven. 13 has always been my lucky number.

7. straightaxle65

straightaxle65

YES ! Nothing like a BIG vagina comin at ya! :eek: