Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for vintage Halibrand sources...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Conder, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Conder

Conder

I'm trying to find all the buyers, sellers and traders for old Halibrands, Americans etc. If you know of dealers, shops or individuals that do it please contact me with the info. - Thanks!

I'm also looking for 1 aluminum Halibrand Sprint spindlemount wheel. 15x4.5 with square windows, like the one in this picture.

[email protected]

(707) 843-9454

Attached Files:

2. Conder

Conder

This is a bump, but here are a couple "Your Momma's so fat" jokes...

"Your Momma's so fat, the back o' her neck looks like a pack of hot dogs."

"Your Momma's so fat, her blood type is RAGU."

"Your Momma's so fat, OTHER fat people orbit around her."

"Your Momma's so fat, she puts her belt on with a boomerang."

Thank you, have a nice evening...

3. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Those particular wheels are pretty hard to come by. You might try to contact Dave Mann at roadsters.com. He's really into the magnesium halibrands and might be able to point you in the right direction.

4. muffman58

muffman58

This place might help! I couldn`t figure how to post the web address, but they deal in vintage wheels of all types!

Attached Files:

5. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

My name is Ben and I have a magnesium addiction. Only Americans so far.

6. 392_hemi

392_hemi

7. Blair

Blair
    from xx

I've been to greg's place in porterville and he has a LOT of magnesium wheels (as well as other stuff). A buddy bought some magnesium five spoke 5 on 5 americans from him. He's a good guy to deal with.

8. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Good luck with Greg.

A bunch of the gasser guys wont even deal with him anymore.
    He low balls, tries to steal the stuff from you. Then he marks it up 400%.

I have been beat out on wheels for sale that I want to put on a car by Greg.

Just so he can hord the good stuff and sit on it. He's been selling a bunch of less desirable wheels on ebay lately.

9. Conder

Conder

Thanks BIG for all the information. I bought that wheel on the bike back in '93. They've sold a lot of 'em since then and I was hoping somebody out there might get off of one or two.

I can use 1 16x3 or 15x3 spindlemount in magnesium like this and 1 16x7 big window magnesium sprint too. I just missed 2 fronts on Ebay.

I'll try this info and thanks again.

10. brandon

brandon

yeah its a bad thing.....it starts off with a pair or 2.....then next thing ya know , you have 30 or 40 laying around.....try don waldron @ rods west in cali.....bob pourette (sp) in springfield missouri....ray williams in rhode island.....they are all pretty big in the wheels....just talked to bob yesterday in your old home town....

brandon in ky .........mag only .......ok except for a pair of those aluminum spindle mount 5 spokes.....hahah

11. brandon

brandon

12. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Is that the guy with the pony tail that looks like the comic book dealer from the Simpson's? Drives a blue '58 Chevy pickup? Shows up at the L.A. Roadster show with all the high priced stuff. He sold my good friend a "pair" of Halibrand spindle mount wheels and what he shipped him weren't even the same style. Won't do a thing to make it right because he thinks my friend in Maryland won't fight it. Reminds me of another guy that does the same thing.

13. Blair

Blair
    from xx

Everything greg has is for sale, but he knows what its worth. My buddy paid $1470 for 2 mag five spoke americans 6" wide 5 on 5 pattern and 2 alum five spoke 5 on 5 pattern 7" wide americans. When was the last time you saw magnesium 5 on 5 early americans (pre- torq thrusts)? I thought it was a fair price. The early aluminums aren't cheap either. He does buy a lot of wheels (and other stuff), but he also has cars too and buys parts for the cars. I can understand being mad because someone beat you out on a good deal for something you wanted, its happened to me before, but hey, thats life.

As for less-desireable wheels on ebay, he's had 6-pin sprint car mags and sports car wheels lately they aren't exactly junk. Junk to me is a two-piece aluminum faced steel rim "mag".

14. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Tim, or anybody(?), I've got a set of polished (front and back) magnesium 3.5 X 15" spindle mount Hals that are set up for (I believe) Anglia spindles. A long shot, but I'd trade for similarly polished Ford spindle deals. Mine are like the square ended wheels on your bike, in every respect (ribs etc.) except, mine are 3.5" and have rounded windows (not squared off at the rim). They're bitchin' and I have not played around with bearings but was told it may be worthwhile to see if there are bearings that would work with the Anglia races and the Ford spindle. Not sure though, 'cause even if I do find something, the Anglia axle is shorter, maybe a spacer or cut the end of the spindle axle down? Sorry, typing out loud.
    Hey, what was the question?

15. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

16. Tim, I'll revive this old thread - I've been known to dabble a little in the old wheel world . . .

Steve

17. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom