Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Looking for trailer parking at the LSRU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Last Hoorah, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Last Hoorah

Last Hoorah

Posted this in the event section but had no responses! So I'll try again on the HAMB .Coming down from Pa to the LSRU. Trying to find a Safe place where my friend and I can park our trucks with car trailers. The place where we are staying doesn't have a place we can park them, only our cars. Appreciate any help! (Come on Austin! Don't want to have to park in Seguin @ my Daughters!)

2. you are supposed to drive your hot rods to the Round-up,,,not trailer them

GOATROPER02, HEMI32, X38 and 2 others like this.
  3. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You don't even want to drive an hr to Austin. ?

X38, WiredSpider, wex65 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Stay home if ya ain"t gonna drivem

X38 and WiredSpider like this.

5. Drive'em

Drive'em

Trailer? You don't need no stinkin' trailer. Hop in those bad boys and drive'em!!!

WiredSpider likes this.
  6. Truck&trailers probably safer at your daughter's place,then you can pretend you drove all the way.;)

X38 likes this.
  7. 46stude

46stude

Seriously?
    :confused:

8. seatex

seatex

Lotta parking at the event center itself, just be respectful and park in the back if your not camping...............

willbe likes this.
  9. seatex

seatex

Of course, you may have to drive it a quarter mile to the event:eek::confused::rolleyes:

X38 and da34guy like this.
  10. deucedarryl

deucedarryl

Seguin is your best deal. The city of Austin and parking is worst than the Nazi gestapo. They will tow all you shit away, and you will pay.. pay and pay again. Use to be a cool city, not so much anymore. Kinda like LA now.

11. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, Last Hoorah, if this rumor I recently heard is true, NOBODY will have to worry about where to park anything. Here it is. A Buddy said he heard that the LSRU was in the process of being sold to a couple of Europeans for 4 mil. I really hope this is bullshit because many, many of us from Texas to Canada believe the LSRU is the best "little" car show in Texas. My buddy didn't know about the disposition of the REVOLUTION, but he was as alarmed about this proposal as I am. I would like to speak to "El Jefe" about this, but I haven't been able to contact him lately. As of this minute, I drive from San Antonio every year to Austintown, but "driving" to Europe would put a kink in my plans. Is it possible to strike the way unions do to properly protest such an abomination of our favorite run ? I guess the next fucking thing will be selling the Continental Club to Iran where it can be operated by nuclear power. Just because the rest of the country is going to shit doesn't mean Austin has to follow suit. I am not being political, just realistic. Ryan, Steve, Rocco, John, Keith, tell us the rumor is bullshit. I for one will have practically nowhere to go.

12. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kiwi 4d, MY streetrod also has room for my Yeti which will be full of good beer. I'll look you up and we can drink a few.

13. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, wbrw32, I think this dude is having second thoughts about asking this question in the first place.

bobkatrods likes this.
  14. Last Hoorah

Last Hoorah

Would drive it there but I'm an older dude. I get beat up on long trips, Not like driving a luxury car! I guess I should be used to be beaten up after this post! lol

15. I'm an older dude too,but still drive everywhere at 81 yrs old

bobkatrods and Countn'Carbs like this.
  16. I feel your pain brother. With you living in PA, this time of year who knows what weather you might face until you get to Oaklahoma?
    So far, everyone who has commented has been from Texas, California, Oaklahoma and New Zealand. Weather for them might not be such a concern.
    I get it, but it's a tough crowd here. Weather or no weather, old or not, unless you are broken down on the side of the road, dont expect any love here when you mention the word trailer.
    If parking at your daughters would work and its an hour out of Austin that might be your best bet. I would reach out to a local vendor in Austin or a more compassionate local Hamber that might be able to help you.

17. 46stude

46stude

The Texas guys are laughing because he doesn't want to leave 'em at the girl's & drive from Seguin to Austin. Google map it. You'll find it funny, too. ;)

bobkatrods likes this.
  18. Last Hoorah

Last Hoorah

When you drive 1600 miles and 25 hours why drive and hour past your destination then back if you don't have to!

19. p51mustang

p51mustang

Maybe so you can have a place to park your trailer, or maybe so you can visit your daughter while in town..

brokenspoke likes this.
  20. Best bet is stop by and visit with your sister and leave your hauling rig there with her...I believe it would be safer and less likely to disappear like so many have recently. HRP

21. prpmmp

prpmmp

His sister is his daughter??:eek: Hey I'm from Pa.and I'm weird!! But were not that Weird!!! Pete

22. Whatever.....:rolleyes: HRP

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good point unless you didn't plan on visiting your daughter. Or the spot where you had to park really isn't that safe. 60 miles may be a long way in PA but it isn't even a good beer and barbecue run for Texas rodders except those that just moved there and aren't acclimated yet.
    I'd bet even money that there are guys who are going to roundup who are staying in San Marcus and in Georgetown and driving back and forth. Running down to her place and parking the truck (s) and trailers and making the trip back to Austin shouldn't be an issue unless you don't think the car is up to 60 miles on the road at one shot.

da34guy likes this.
  24. Gotta agree, 52 miles aint shit unless the car isnt roadworthy.

25. PA people are good people........wise to park at the daughters and drive in....and back to her place....not sure if you've book a hotel....most good ones are already....enjoy !

26. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last Hoorah, some of these cruisers are COLD-BLOODED. We can drink a few brewskis when you get here.

27. I have room if you want a place north of the show rather than going south first. Still 45mins from the show though.

28. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, Last Hoorah, recently my wife and I drove 1400 miles to Southern Cal. in our '32 Highboy roadster. At our ages, we decided to break up the trip into four stops, arriving on the 5th day. That is the best we could do at 68 and 71 yrs. It was a blast and will do it again soon. Get down however you can and we will drink a few.

29. Last Hoorah

Last Hoorah

Nevala thanks for the invite to park at your place, will keep that in mind. Gary my wife and I and friends that are bringing there car also are in the same age group. Were doing it in two stops. We have reservations in downtown Austin, will be arriving Tue. before the show. Wednesday going to San Antonio with my friends and Daughter to take in the sights. My friends haven't been there before. Hope to see everyone at the show, look for my 31 coupe with Pa tags, a Hemi, straight pipes and gray primer where I chopped it.
    Thanks to all, Last Hoorah, AKA Hemi Dave

30. A.A.Additude

A.A.Additude
    from NE Kansas

You guys should be happy a guy from PA is coming all the way down to go to your show, geez.... Hell when my coupe is done I might trailer it from Kansas too and im only 39 so whats up!. Who gives a rats nuts as long as we are there and enjoy and keep this hobby alive. I would like it for about the first 200 miles then it would turn into work and I dont want to work while trying to go on vacation! I like the AC and the nice radio in my new wrangler