Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looking for info regarding a car in R&C magazine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by borderboy1971, Jul 16, 2014.

1. I am hoping to find some contact info for a guy by the name of Anthony Nato from Louisiana. There was a picture of his car (28 Model A sedan) in the Sept issue of R&C. It appears to be the perfect copper color that I've been looking for and would like his help to identify the paint. I do understand this is the web and he might not want his phone number posted all over, so if there is any way he can contact me through the HAMB, or if anyone know EXACTLY what the paint is on his car I would appreciate the help. Thanks for now.

2. Just bumping to the top. Any info greatly appreciated.

4. If y'all don't mind I'm gonna bump this again. Any help appreciated.

5. So: I take for granted the article didn't mention the paint color? Could you take the magazine to a reputable painter and see if He can figure it out? Tim

6. Tim,magazine photo print when viewed under a magnifying glass is nothing more than a series of different colored dots, the car in life may not be remotely similar in color. HRP

7. rockfish

rockfish

Is it the sedan with the white top and white running boards? If so my dad and I painted the car. I traded it off before it ever saw the road. I know it eventually went to Texas. Maybe Louisiana from there? It's a Hot Hues (DuPont) bronze color. I may have a still have a color chip with the exact name if we're talking about the same car. Let me know.

8. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

In checking the mag, it would appear rockfish may hold the answer you seek...

9. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Is this the car? Might help if people figure it out.

[​IMG]

10. That's the one!!! You guys are awesome. I'm not sure if I need any other info than what rockfish gave regarding the Hot Hues (Dupont) Bronze. If I do, please don't leave me in the dark...any help appreciated. I love that color. Thanks for all the help everyone.

11. This place is incredible.:)

12. RockinRivi

RockinRivi

I'm new…I subbed to this thread just to see what would happen.

I am floored…impressive work, men

David

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  13. I'm hoping someone would recognize it. It looks similar to some colors we see currently but seems really familiar as a color I recall from the early 60's. Maybe its the white accessories.

14. rockfish

rockfish

Yep, that was my car at one point. The wheels were orange when I had it. I'll dig tonight for the actual paint name and post it.

15. rockfish

rockfish

The color is DuPont Hot Hues Ginger Bronze. Paint code 745648. Hope that works for you. I loved the color in sunlight. Especially with the orange steelies I had on it. :D

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. [QUOTE I loved the color in sunlight. Especially with the orange steelies I had on it. :D[/QUOTE]....................................I'm thinking it probably looked better with the Orange wheels. Just too much White going on in the above picture.:)

17. Bloody Hell

Bloody Hell
    from Spring, TX

Never too much white on a show car. Clean, and hard to keep clean. Shows your hard work and dedication.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!