Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Looking for Holly 94 throttle hook up ideas

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 40Ford!!, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Can anyone give me some ideas on hooking up a throttle cable to a Holly 94? I have two 94's set up on my 53 Merc flatty and was wondering how others are hooking up their throttle cable. I have a Universal Lokar throttle cable and they recommend using their throttle bracket (of course). I see similar ones on Speedway and ebay so I assume all are the same? Here is a shot of my current set up.

Attached Files:

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

Cable?? these things use metal rod

3. Mechanical linkage, quite simple. Got all mine from Charlie Price @ Vintage Speed. DSCN9575.JPG

4. So how do you actuate the gas pedal if you aren't using a cable? I do have them linked on the driver side of carb with a shaft, connecting arms and heim me ends. That should allow them to work in tandem so I thought I had to connect the throttle cable from pedal to carb on the passenger side of one of the carbs as shown in my photo? What am I doing wrong?

5. If the carbs are hooked together on the driver's side with the throttle cable, why do you feel the need to hook up the passenger side?

6. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used one of those on an 8BA in my '36 w-window with a 390 Holley. It ran in an "S" curve from the passenger side to get the pull on the drivers side (where the carb had it's linkage). I did this because I wanted to keep the stock throttle linkage on the firewall for future use. A couple of home made brackets and it worked fine. Rods probably are better for a couple of 94's, though.

7. Ok, I think I'm trying to do this the hard way? A friend told me to link the pair on the left (drivers) side and run a throttle cable on the right off just one carb. Sounds logical right? But here is a pick from Speedway showing the hook up you all seem to be describing. This looks much simpler and no need to snake a throttle cabe from pedal on drivers side to passenger side of carbs. I did notice that once I hooked up both shaft arms to the shaft, things have to rotate FORWARD not towards the firewall. So either I'm doing something wrong or the carbs are set up wrong? If I hook them up like the Speedway picture with a cable, they only rotate FORWARDS so a cable will not pull backwords.

Attached Files:

8. [​IMG]Ok I don't think the Speedway photo is going to work. I will take a pick of my set up tomorrow and see if if make sense?

9. wldtrout

wldtrout
    from montana

Here is how I did it. pull off the front bottom

Attached Files:

10. wldtrout........Bingo! You nailed it! I actually could not sleep last night trying to figure out how to overcome the forward rotation of my throttle shafts and then it hit me! What if I set the throttle shaft and extended shaft facing REARWARD and pulled from the bottom? It looks like you overcame the same issue. I will need to order the extended shaft with the holes in it like you have on the front carb. Thanks for taking your time to respond. This is what I love about the HAMB. People still take the time to help others.

Scooterville likes this.
  11. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

12. I didn't notice the year/model this was to be installed with, but most original linkage pulled from the passenger side with multiple carb linkage on the driver side. Can you use the original pedal and firewall linkage?
    RB

13. RB35 I do not have the original linkage. I think the simplest thing for me to do is what wldtrout did. Austinrod, not your set up took some thinking about didn't it?

14. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

It was like that when I bought it look like a erector set

15. Ok so here is what I came up with. Just straight forward and simple.

Attached Files:

Scooterville likes this.
  16. Finished my throttle linkage system. Everything seems to be working right. Thanks to fellow HAMB'ers ideas.

Attached Files: