Register now to get rid of these ads!

Login Problem!!

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Inked Monkey, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I'm logged in under another user! I put in my login information and was logged in under someone else? I'm Inked Monkey. There is not a place to log out

2. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Whoa weird, It said I'm logged in under 49Ratfink and I could see all his information but when I posted it came through as myself. When I go to the main menu it won't let me login but in the threads it looks like I am?

I swear I haven't done any acid in awhile................

3. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I closed my browser and came back to be logged in as BigAl who was apparently banned. I closed my browser again and it won't let me log in on the main menu but will in the threads.

4. Yep, I'm finally in my screen name but I've been under about 10 different people ?

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. You were the last person I was logged in as and like you I've seen about 12 different usernames. HRP

6. LOL, I kept logging out and every time I would be someone else, it was like that old TV show Quantum Leap

7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I logged in once and it said I was HOTRODPRIMER :D I thought wow, here's my chance to mess with Danny ;)
    But it wouldn't let me post anything :D:D:D

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah. We were having cache issues. It's fixed now... And don't worry, nobody had access to anyone else's data... The username you were being seen as was just cached is all.

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Fixed my ass, it just did that shit on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I keep getting logged out and sometimes I can not log in either, for about the last 4/5 days. Gary

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Now the damn thing recognizes me here on the "questions and Suggestions" board as dirty old man, but on the "Hokey Ass Message Board" it tells me I need to register or log in, but it won't log me in with the proper username and password, so IT AIN'T FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, it's not fixed... Clear your cache and it will be fixed...

13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Maybe someone can tell me in simple, easy to understand terms how to "clear my cache". I'm not a computer geek, I'm a hot rodder and an old machinist from the school of hard knocks, so "clear my cache" is greek to me.
    Sorry about the ranting in the other posts, but it did get your attention, LOL!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  14. Ditto me, I can't log in gives me a security error.
    But I'm on, in, and writing this.
    I have no idea what clear my cashe means either.
    And I was building parts for IBM 360-30's in 1970
    and programing in FORTRAN IV and ASSEMBLER!
    on punch cards, in colledge!!!!!!
    HELP!!

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

16. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Yep, it was working at home. When I got to work it was acting up but I followed the directions to clear the cache and restarted the computer. Now everything is back to normal.

17. Ryan,,,still not fixed here and I have cleared cashe as you directed...I go to a new page,need to log in all over again

18. Working!!!
    Thanks Ryan.
    I learned that 'clearing history" means cashe!
    I thought that was French!

19. Still acting weird for me also. Logs out on the main forums page, then normal on the next. Also won't let me stay logged in. I have cleared my cache and restarted as instructed. Am using firefox on windows 7
    How to fix?

20. Back to normal now and working great! Thanks!

21. today,Fri Jan 22 2016.....still have to re-enter email and password in order to log in...the remember me box is checked to no avil

22. ......................Did you clear your browsing history back to "the beginning of time"? Ryan advised me yesterday to do this and it resolved the problem you are having. I'm using Google Chrome as my browser but this may also work with others.

23. YES, browsing histroy cleared,, still no change...Same today when I logged on this a m..I am using Internet Explorer..