Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Lizbeths Model T speedster build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by lizbeth, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

First picture on post #85 Tim looks like he's carrying a crossbow and ready to go hunting,camo in all. I can see cold won't slow you guys down,more power to ya at 15deg I'm stayin in the HOUSE !:D

2. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Beth.Looks like a fun project.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

3. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

I think he took up residence in one of the other T motors in the garage:D It was -1 this AM ,Heat wave comming 30 degees:eek: Beth

4. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

you forgot , as Tim calls him, my 1 horsepower hay burner:D Beth

5. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thank you very much those are my babies:D, BTW Tim used to work on fuel cars back in the 80's and 90's :) Beth

6. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

At 15 degees we put on more cloths and go back out to play in the shop, Funny you mention Tim with a bow, He builds handmade Osage long bows,,, Beth

7. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks for following my build it's lots of fun , BTW I too miss my mind:D Beth

8. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

That does it:mad: I gave you that motor so my mouse could live in the country. Now you ruined his home! Dam you guys are moving right along, I'm moved finally but still have to unpack. I'll have to see that block in person I might want it back:D so I can put it in my barn, so the mice will have their home back. Last thing in the garage moved today only took ten trailer and a moving company for the house! And I still have 3 trailers at your place, man I have a lot of stuff:eek:

Attached Files:

9. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like a fun project .

10. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

No worries for your mouse Bob last time I saw him he was singing that song from the Jefferson's TV show, before running over to this motor,( I'm movin on up , to the big time:D ),,,, Tim Jones BTW cool shot of your car

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. I think you should put that hemi in the speedster and give the poor mouse his home back. ;)

12. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

I am still working on Tim to let me have one of the flatheads:p I think our mouse friend took over one of the other T motors. they seam to like a simple life.:)..Beth

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  13. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Today Tim and our buddy Huck Got the rest of the rusted away valve stems that were stuck in the motor out, I was too busy working to help:mad:, , Tim said the the stems that were stuck in the valve guides came out pretty easy considering the exposed part of the valves were rotted off:eek:, But after that we got it in the hot tank and cleaned up the parts:) Already to go get the valve seats redone at the machine shop,,,, Beth

Attached Files:

14. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

After cleaning out the mouse nest in the oil pan I relized that the bottom of the pan was rusted through,( damm Mouse):mad: , But my friend Bob Gave me another to use:) ( I think he figured that Robert Jr the possum from the barn would give it to me anyway):D , I cleaned up the pan and coated it with rust converter and primed it,, Beth

Attached Files:

15. pumpman

pumpman

They say if it doesn't make you dirty it's not yours. Looking at the pics you definitely own that one Beth. One more step in the to getting the T done!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  16. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

I might have to practice welding BUT I don't need practice at getting grubby, I've been gettig grubby since I was a kid:D Now I get to paint my motor parts I cleaned yesterday:):p,, Beth

17. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

18. Great coverage there will be no stopping you now,except for that damn mouse

19. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

And the lack of funds:D Thank you I was pretty excited to see it,, Since we had the motor all cleaned up and some time I thought we'd paint it up and mock it up in the chassis,, Beth

Attached Files:

20. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

More pics< I painted the motor a Ford blue color that I like , Tim Does all my heavy work, ( still thinks he's a kid ):D Beth

Attached Files:

21. Great build..
    Just became my favorite. .
    I dont know how you guys do it.
    Im 28, its 40º outside and I refuse to mess with my project in this "bad weather".

22. Thats gonna look nice Beth!!!

23. Thanks for sharing!! Cool picks, keep them coming!

24. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

When your old and senile it helps not relizeing it's cold outside:D Beth

25. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks Carl it't my black and blue theme ,like me ( Black from grease and blue from the cold):) Beth

26. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thank you for looking , No problem on the pics, Tim takes a ton of them:),,, Beth

27. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Cleaned up a few parts to paint today And got my car Fredo's new commnication system :D Beth

Attached Files:

28. pumpman

pumpman

Ahhhhh, the details, Fredo's going to be honk'in cool Beth.

29. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Happy Holidays , I see you are in Michigan, I was born there , Grandparents lived outside of Grand Rapids, spent a lot of time there as a child, still call that home, Best State in the Nation.:) Glad you like Fredo's horn , is just fits that car;)....Beth

30. great thread!

watchin from outside Grand Rapids