Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Live from Pomona...LA Roadster Weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom davison, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bad Bob----Where was the HAMB BANNER at the show??

2. Yup, that's Erics '54 Chevy (Chevy54) and my panel in the background.

3. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

4. 50Fraud

50Fraud

"Rust-dappled". Well, not really, but "Bondo-dappled" didn't have quite the same ring to it.

5. A Boner

A Boner

Is "Bad Ass Bob" wearing pajama bottoms?

Chili Phil and falcongeorge like this.
  6. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for continuing with pics

8. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

You're welcome...I have a few yet to post.

9. A Boner

A Boner

Patiently waiting....................Bud.

3wLarry likes this.
  10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

hey you

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

12. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

The "Texas T" was one bad ass hotrod cruising the San Gabriel Valley in the late '60's . Still looks great after all these years .

falcongeorge and Cooon like this.
  13. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We decided to go a few days early and spend some time in Huntington Beach, just a few clicks from the beach. It looked like I-8 in Az. would be the best route. WELL, the temp was 114 in and around Yuma. I thought I had arrived in Hell. I somewhat handle 103, but it was horrible. That was our one negative moment, because the show was fantastic and the West Coast hosts were great. This was our first LARS but not the last, as long as "da GOOD LORD is willin' and da creek don't rise". Our car is considered a "wuss" wagon by my fellow club members (Spokesmen of San Antonio) because of the "amenities" that have been added for comfort, but it is almost an all-season ride. We just laugh at them and keep on cruizin'. Hope to meet you someday. I wish there was some way to get all the HAMB'ERS under one roof to meet and greet each other. Next year we will be the one red roadster Highboy out of 38 equipped with Vintage Air a/c-heat, Bop Top with curtains, and seat heaters with Texas 1932 plates.

14. Way to go Gary. Henry made tops & side curtains for reason. I wish I had side curtains Sure glad I had a top tho when I hit a white out & hail big as golf balls & really heavy lighting storms in my travels Yeah & the desert sun beating down on the top. My bride & I have logged 85,000 miles on the roadster. Been coast to coast & border to border & Canada. We have done many trips to LARS but sadly it has to come to an end as I'm just getting too old & stiff in all the wrong places. Tried a couple of pics but the confuser sez houston you have a problem. sigh???o_O:confused: HA HA HA I beat it i just love this edit button.:D

Attached Files:

46Chief likes this.
  15. StrickV8

StrickV8

Seeing a pic of this car has helped a lot with my vision. Anyone know who owns it???

[​IMG]

jalopykid likes this.
  16. StrickV8

StrickV8

Here is another pic.... Thanks Tom for the amazing pics!

[​IMG]

17. I'm afraid I'm going to add to the drama on this fine thread by Tom but here's my 2 cents worth........

There is an old saying that comes from a Cherokee tribe of Native Americans, who said “Don’t judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes”.

So when you own a roadster and love to drive it a lot of miles, especially in the desert Southwest, survival is actually a real thing to worry about and some basic comfort is a luxury.

Like when you are in Arizona on the section of old Route 66 that was abandoned in 1952 on the way to
    Oatman and it is 115 degrees out........
    [​IMG]
    Like when you are in the Black Hills of South Dakota in May and it snows 6 inches..........
    [​IMG]
    Or in the mountains of Colorado at over 13,000 feet.........
    [​IMG]
    And yes, the top does come off when the weather is enjoyable, even if its still cold out........
    [​IMG]
    My wife and I did over 55,000 miles in our old blue roadster. We did the topless thing the first year and decided that when you are out on the road for two weeks and putting 5000 miles in the seat (from South Dakota to the LARS and back the long way).........a top is a necessity (and you can TAKE IT OFF whenever you want to!). I know that living in California kind of makes you think the weather is great everywhere.......it's not! And owning a '57 Chevy isn't quite the same experience as a roadster either!!! (and that's why I'm actually looking for a nice '57 Chevy 150 two door wagon WITH AIR CONDITIONING!!!!)

philly the greek and Dean Lowe like this.
  18. I live in California, and did the topless thing in the 60's. I'm 50 years older now, and a top makes 100+ days a little easier to take now. Top, or no top, roadster people are good people!

philly the greek likes this.
  19. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, how I would love to sit with you sipping brewskis and talking about your travels. I am almost 69 (Jan.) so have some years left to cruise. We hope to visit LARS many more times along with El Mirage. The dry lakes have been on my Bucket List for years but something always came up. But now, I am retired from the U.P. Railroad (formerly S.P.) after 40 years, and my wife and I are attempting to make up for lost time. I don't think we have had more fun than we do when we are in that freaking roadster. This year there were countless roadsters with tops; soft tops, aluminum or steel, as well as fiberglass ones. Joyce and I will attempt to match your 85,000 mile record if we have enough summers left. I still don't know how to post photos and my boy and grandson are too busy to show me. Damned ingrates ! Better tie this up. I have rattled off enough. Take it easy, BURN OUT BOB.

20. I never had a top on my roadster,drove it in hot weather,cold weather,heavy rain and one small hail storm,but my next one will have a top & a heater. HRP

21. Top & heater makes a happy roadster owner.......Take my word

22. dmorago

dmorago

23. Cheryl Z

Cheryl Z

That roadster is Dan Zank's 29. It is in my garage right now! It is a Braga build that is now over 20 years old.

Stovebolt likes this.
  24. Cheryl Z

Cheryl Z

[/QUOTE]

25. Cheryl Z

Cheryl Z

[/QUOTE]
    That roadster is Dan Zank's 29. It is in my garage right now! It is a Braga build that is now over 20 years old.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  26. Hi Cheryl, tell Dan Hello.

Mick