Register now to get rid of these ads!

LITTLE RICHARD Headlines 2013 VIVA LAS VEGAS Car Show ~ FREE for Car & Driver!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jun 23, 2012.

1. M.Edell

M.Edell

Samantha and I might fly down for next years event.We'll have to see how finances go.Still have Christmas to get over and the wifes daily driver just went into the shop for $1500 in repairs..Always something..lol

2. Glad to see so many making plans for the run to Vegas.......always great fun.

The Lonely Knights will be helping to operate the car show, just like last year. And, The LK's will be driving out in force from Colorado too.

My personal goal is to have the '36 Roadster at Viva.....

Johnnie.

3. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks Dave but it really couldn't be possible without the vision and organizational skills of Tom Ingram. I simply assist in a small portion of the event - the car show. Glad you're returning and we look forward to seeing you. Axle

p.s. Thanks to the Lonely Knights for helping me once again

4. BadLuck

BadLuck

All of us will be making the drive through the desert! See you there Axle :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and our newest member will be lookin pretty by then too...

[​IMG]

5. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Just got back from the Starliner show in Wichita. What a great time we had. The Lonely Knights were treated like Kings by Mickey and the good ol Oklahoma boys. I told them they had to come to Viva cause everything at that show is awesome! Looking so forward to that!

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks for bringing the Knights out to Wichita & for dinner Friday! Mick said he was coming out with us for the round trip to Viva, Roundup and back, let's hold him to it! :) I'm looking forward to my 2nd Viva trip. See ya then!
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1347292173.334656.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Tell Mick we are gonna hold you guys to your word!!!

Big Rich

8. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks Travis

9. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Viva car show coming up quicker then you think. Every one getting ready?

10. Mercchev

Mercchev

Can't wait for this year, Lonely Knights will be there in force, again...

11. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

Free for car and driver! More of a reason to make it out again..

12. axle

axle
    from Drag City

We're proud to announce that we will have six famous Customs in the "Indoor Car Show - Outside" display.

The Dick Fowler Coupe - '38 Ford built by Barris in '46.
    The Grapevine.
    The Watson '58 T-Bird.
    The Phillip Sauer Merc - Its is now known that Dean Jeffries built the car & Dutch striped it.
    The Polynesian Olds.
    The Atomitron Pickup.

Attached Files:

13. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

This is a show in itself. We're patiently awaiting . Cheers, Rog

14. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Can't wait to see the newly announced Kustom Display!

15. kopis

kopis

This is awesome Axle!
    Gonna be another great year and more good times. Looking forward to hanging out with everyone and the drive up. Throttle Kings will see you there buddy!

16. Michelley

Michelley

Say Axle~
    I would go just to gaze at
    The Dick Fowler '38 Ford Coupe.
    That's glowing custom history
    Like a white shade
    Out of the past...
    The Larry Watson '50 Chevy "Grapevine"
    &
    the Larry Watson '58 Bird "Vino Paisano"
    embellish the House with style.
    Is it the actual Jack Stewart/Gene Blackford
    '50 Olds "Polynesian" Holiday 88
    Or Bob Stamper&'s accurate rendition?
    ~Michelley

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  17. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Looks like the day job is putting the brakes on our plan to do the massive roadtrip from KS to Viva to Roundup and back... working on alternate plans now, hoping to still be able to fly to Viva at least... damn day job!

18. axle

axle
    from Drag City

UPDATE:

"Viva Las Vegas Bowling"

Calling all car clubs.

We’re taking over the whole house!
    Come join the fun and excitement
    at the second annual
    Viva Las Bowling!
    This year, Viva Las Bowling is proud to announce that the dynamic duo Dave Wolfe and Eva Strangelove will be MC’ing the event as we take over the entire Bowling Center on Friday, March 29th from 11am to 6pm!
    Full 4-day Viva Las Vegas and 4-day car show wristband holders are invited to come up and get 2 games of bowling, shoe rental and a hot dog for an easy 5 bucks!
    Prizes will be awarded for everything from a simple strike to the high-score for the day – so hang out and claim the big prizes at the end of the event!
    The Sailor Jerry Crew will be hanging out as well and remember if one of those ladies throw a gutter ball, you get a Sailor Jerry Gutter Shot!
    In-case you’re wondering – anyone who is in town is welcome to come up and check out the unique vendors and sponsor booths that will be on hand – so bring a friend even if they do not have a wristband!
    Folks without wristbands can bowl as well, but will pay the regular house rates. If there is a waitlist, wristband holders will have priority. But that will give you a chance to grab a drink, a bite to eat and some time to go shopping!!
    Shine up your ball – it’s gonna be a blast from the past!
    BREAKING
    VIVA LAS BOWLING
    NEWS!
    We’re putting together a
    TOURNAMENT
    with
    CASH
    payouts!
    So get your team(s) of four together from your Car Club, circle of friends or set up a double date.
    Team members must have either a full 4day Wristband or a 4day Car Show Wristband.
    Purchase your tournament entry for each team at http://vivalasvegas.tix.com/Schedule.asp?OrganizationNumber=1997
    Viva Las Vegas Bowling Tournament
    Date: The Viva Las Vegas Bowling Tournament will take place on March 29, 2013 at 12:00 P.M. at the Orleans Bowling Center. Walk in entries will be accepted up until 11:00 A.M. on March 29, 2013 at which time entries will close.
    Entry fee will be $40.00 per team of four if purchased on-line by March 1, 2013. The tournament entry after March 1st, will be $60.00. Purchase tickets on-line at********.
    Prizes will be received by 1 out of every 10 teams entered.
    Format of the event will be as follows: This will be a team event with 4 bowlers per team. All 4 bowlers must be present to be eligible for prizes. Teams will bowl 2 games and the field will be cut to the top 4 teams. Those 4 teams will then bowl 1 game and the top 2 teams will advance to the championship round.
    This will be a handicapped event. The handicap will be 80% of 200 and will be based on 1 of the 2 games bowled in the qualifying round. The bowling center will determine, by drawing, which of the first two games will be used for handicapping purposes. The handicap will then be based on that games scores and teams will use that handicap for the remainder of the tournament.
    Eligibility to enter the tournament is open to anyone that has purchased a full 4-day Viva Las Vegas or 4-day car show wrist band.
    Shoe rental is not included in entry fee. But, for an additional $5 participants can purchase a coupon good for shoe rental and a hot dog or slice of cheese pizza.
    This tournament will not be sanctioned by the USBC

19. wgnracer

wgnracer

Sorry.. But, Elvis was King....

Little Richard was Queen....

20. torchmen49

torchmen49

Looks like the show is headed in the right direction, good job Axle! We are going to attend this year, what a way to wake Gangreen from of its winter hibernation!

21. MTR-HD-Ordie

MTR-HD-Ordie

We're excited to be attending the full 4 days and the music is going to be AWSUME!! I'm especially a Dick Dale fan and will be looking forward seeing him play again. Does anyone know if he will have any back up members playing with him? The last time I saw him he was doing a solo gig.

22. Dick Dale is touring with his son. I expect that to be the case for Viva.

23. MTR-HD-Ordie

MTR-HD-Ordie

Thanks Chili Phil, appreciate the reply. I did see Dick and his son a couple of years ago, and really enjoyed the gig, his son is incredibly talented and can play at the same level as his father, but to be honest, I was hoping to see him play with something along the lines of the Deltones.

Jim

24. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Dave, I am looking forward to seeing you & your amazing car at the show !

Attached Files:

25. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

Hey Axle,
    I finally finished up the registration on my Roadster today!!! Got plates and all!!!
    I will be there for sure!! Plan to drive it there.
    Ever since Viva #2, I have been planning on doing this show in the Roadster..

See you there...

26. JiiTee

JiiTee
    from Finland

Just bought VLV 16 tickets so we're coming... Line up at the car show looks awesome! Hell yeah...:cool:

27. Cruiser

Cruiser

Don't worry about the "Sarcasm" of Dave aka A32fordflathead. Deportation papers are in progress at this time to sent him back to the old country. HA, HA................. :D

CRUISER :cool:

28. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thats great ;)

29. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

I must agree

30. axle

axle
    from Drag City