Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let the Chopping begin!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopolds, Oct 21, 2005.

1. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

ALRIGHT! Just came out of the shop. Kustom7777 brought his 41 Caddy coupe here this afternoon to begin the first phase of it's new life as a LeadSled!!!
    Jim and I just finished removing the glass, trim, spotlights, front seat, etc. in readiness for the big event tomorrow. Tomorrow, we CUT!
    Lots of local HAMBers are coming out. Edmurder, Tokyo, Sawzall, Tredboy,Mikehett, VICCUSTOMS, and other local Kustom guys. We have lotsof volunteers to help and learn. We should get a lot of good pics that we can post later on.
    If any of you Hellcat dudes want to come on down, you're welcome. We didn't plan on a big event, but things just turned out a bit differently. Now we're going to make this a big party.
    This is going to be a one weekend chop. All the cuts and welds done, maybe ground down, and as much trim as we can finish done. Jim will finish the plastic work in his own shop in Hopewell.
    The cut lines are drawn out, we just have to weld in the supports and start cutting!

2. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

One of my favorite cars. Lets get some pics rolling on that caddy!

3. burger

burger

Haha, see you tomorrow at 9! I've been talking about this all week.

Ed

4. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

You should fork out some change for an internet camera and stream it live so we can all watch it!!!that would be so cool for those of us that can't make it but want to see Jim's car chopped and dropped. :(

5. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

this sucks I already have plans for tomorrow . I would take a ride down for the fun.

6. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Post progress pics of the chop please.

7. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

How did this turn out?? Anybody know??

8. CDN34Pickup

CDN34Pickup

Pics please!!!!

9. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

10. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

yeah,show us some pics you bums!:D

11. sawzall

sawzall

12. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

i see a line of green tape on the hood,is it getting pancaked? :confused:

13. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

maybe that's where the hoods gonna get sectioned. :D

14. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

they must still be working on this or something . I WANT TO SEE HOW IT LOOKS

15. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

is there any way to get HAMB posts sent to your phone?? if i woulda gone on the comp i wouldve seen this post and wouldve been down there. damn lets ee the pics tho

16. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

We got to the point Sunday night, where the A and B pillars were done, the rear window in place, the quarter windows blanked out, and the C pillars replacements were tacked in, as well as the extended catwalk. The roof is pretty much done with the fabricating, just needs the welding finished, a bit of hammer and dolly work and then the plastic work.
    All I can say is "WOW".
    We had a great time, great crew, including guys who have never been to the shop before! Edmurder, Tokyo, Sawzall, Mikehett, Vic, Ron, Kenny (54 Plym), Darren, Nate, Nailhead Anthony, Dave from Engelhard, Harley Pete, Shiny Shoes, anyone else I forget? It was so busy I couldn't keep track!! Big thanks to all who attended!
    I'm sure K7777 will log in, maybe with pics? My home computer is down, I'll have to try to post some shots from my digital tomorrow, and develop the 35 mm stuff tonight. I didn't take many shots, though. Hopefully others documented the event as well as Sawzall did the first half day!
    All I can say of the results is, I think we nailed the look. You'll have to judge for yourselves.
    Jim (Kustom7777) is beside himself with ecstasy.

17. burger

burger

Where are the "finished" pictures? I was crawling all over the board for them last night. Did Jim drive the Caddy home? I thought he was nuts for driving it there!

Ed