Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects KIWI MADE 1927 T Lakes modified - Journey to the end of the road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodbox, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Good to see you made it.
    Enjoy the weekend and the trip home.

2. daddio211

daddio211

3. woodbox

woodbox

Awwww that's not nice!

Good to meet you to!

Feel the need to apologise for not updating you all as I had promised. I have no power supply in my tent to charge camera and phone batteries. I am still try ing to get footage when I can and will edit and upload when I stop having so much fun!!

Wish you were all here to.
    Cheers for now.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. daddio211

daddio211

5. At the main show. JW
    [​IMG]

6. Kume

Kume

That T is tight like a tiger!

7. That profile is a bit like those fighter planes from world war 2.

8. Notice the roof chop on the yellow '37/38 Coupe beside Wade and then compare it to the stock height Coupe behind it, very well done and just right. Atleast Wade doesn't have to worry about windscreen wipers on his T. It is a pity the weather Gods didn't play the game right for everybody there enjoying the event.

9. woodbox

woodbox

Last day of the event today. A brunch and prizegiving was held before farewells. The weather wasn't looking to great, but I decided to risk it and head south to cape palliser, the southern most point of the island. At about 3/4 ofthe way I made the coast. It was ugly and angry and I was getting very wet!. I decided that discretion was the better part of valour, turned tail and ran like hell!!!
    I went north west over the Rimatuka hills in fog and rain, then turned to the west coast heading toward Southward car museum at paraparaumu. It was closed when I arrived so I gave made camp for the night and will be back when they open in the morning. It is worth waiting for.
    No video today, it was way too extreme to be trying to film and fly!

10. You will enjoy the museum.
    The firm I did my building apprenticeship with, built the place.
    I spent many weeks on that job.
    There is an amazing workshop there but not open to the public I believe.

11. woodbox

woodbox

HONEY.........I'M HOOooOOooME!
    Yesterday I drove all the way from New Plymouth to Whangarei with a fuel stop at Mercer for gas, and made it home in time to do some time keeping at the kids swimming for the evening.
    I have a few jobs to sort here and some road works grime to clean off the car before I give a full rundown of the trip.:cool:

12. krazee

krazee

Hey Wade
    Thanks for the posts, its been interesting following. Are you coming up to Kerikeri on the 22nd?

13. Glad to hear all is good, that's one bitchin T !!!!! JW :)

14. Well done on the mighty roadtrip Woodbox, have spoken to a few who went to the Pre49s , all spoke highly of the event and were all well impressed with your T :D

15. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Woodbox.Enjoying your road trip.Have fun.
    4T6Ford.Love your avitar.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

16. woodbox

woodbox

Sorry Mate, I will be at work and I used up a heap of leave at the Nats. Don't panic though You will see me, I am having real issues getting out of the car!:eek:

17. woodbox

woodbox

1489146_744023115628951_717959962_n.jpg 1912355_744023128962283_1821380785_n.jpg 1959354_744023698962226_864280304_n.jpg 1939547_744023938962202_751517947_n.jpg We went for a run on Saturday morning to Kerikeri for a street meet put on by Kurbside rodders. Had a great time there including brunch, tyre change competition and spot prizes. Reg won the tyre change.....only because I was pushing him!
    I came away with trophies for best open top and best fenderless car.

Did I mention that the weather started out dismally!

There is no such thing as "Bad weather"......Just "Inappropriate dress!"

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  18. dos zetas

dos zetas

Thank you for posting this very nice build process. The proportions remind me of my friend's Frazer-Nash...
    Have you weighed it?
    Curious abt power-to-weight ratio.

19. woodbox

woodbox

1920lbs, not sure of the hp rating. Guessing at or about 200hp.

20. You must have put on weight while you were away..
    Too much beer aye.. :D:D

21. loudbang

loudbang

Step away from the slabs mate LOL.

22. woodbox

woodbox

I have been having issues with the diff leaking oil. There is no vent in the centre section. My thoughts are that the heat builds up pressure and then has been blowing out the front seal on the input shaft. I have some tube and fittings to make a vent from the filler plug and have it rising to the top of the banjo. I also found a couple of the banjo housing bolts had worked loose, but will still make the vent.
    The other issue that bugged me during the road trip was the fan fuse......I know....get over it already! Today I bought a 30 amp thermal auto reset circuit breaker to replace the 30 amp fuse that keeps blowing. It was only $9 so will put that in and see if it does the job!

The laptop I used on the trip for film editing etc has gone back to the store I bought it from to get fixed up.....that is todays excuse for the lack of video!

23. woodbox

woodbox

24. woodbox

woodbox

I took my wife for her first ride in the roadster on Sunday morning. After a hip replacement in December and the following complications, she has finally been able to move well enough to get in and out of the seat.
    We had a Rodders breakfast to attend in town. It is a regular event with plenty of parking, good food and lots of bull floating around. The hardest part was dragging her out of bed on a Sunday morning!
    I guess the only way to know if she enjoyed it will be if she comes with me again! She will never admit it to me though!

25. That sounds cool, I catch mine sitting in the RPU dreaming of when I finish it.
    With those bolts coming loose on the rear end could that be due to the twisting forces with the split rear bones and acting like a sway bar? Oh I went out and got that Mag to see the coverage and I know remember why I stopped getting it.......rather small for the size and importance of the event. Good to see your car in there though. JW :)

26. woodbox

woodbox

Maintenance carried out yesterday. Thermal resetting fuse for the fan. Fitted a vent to the diff and tightened a couple of bolts that worked loose.
    I hope the vent stops the diff from spewing oil everywhere! Getting sick of oil all over the rear panel......but the spring wont rust!

27. daddio211

daddio211

Glad to hear the wife is feeling well enough to go for a ride. I know I have so much more fun when mine is with me! Makes sense really, my two favorite things combined!

Sergeant82d likes this.
  28. woodbox

woodbox

Took the car out today on a windy country road. Some of it unsealed. Great fun except when it kept trying to swap ends. Mainly when I had my foot up it!!!!! I love driving it on challenging roads.
    The run was out to a local private dirt track for vintage stock cars. I was tempted to do a couple of laps but the thought of cleaning red clay mud off everything put me off. I am heading to the nostalgia drags and club champs on Friday and won't have time for a good clean before then.

29. Congrats on getting more ink in the other Hot Rod mag, Cool ! JW

30. woodbox

woodbox

Now I have a GM V6! Lol!:eek: