Register now to get rid of these ads!

Keystone Wheels History????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Dirtbikedave

Dirtbikedave

Those are 5 spokes I think?

2. storm king

storm king

O.K., so now Funnycar65 has shown photographic proof that they were available in 1964. Do they get in the show?

3. v8fordman

v8fordman

I had a set on my '73 Gran Torino Sport and they looked GREAT!!

4. 54 Chevrolet

54 Chevrolet
    from Wv

When I bought my 72 Buick GS it had A set on it,19 years later there still on there.
    I think they are one of the most good looking wheel for A muscle car. 20180323_140429.jpg

enloe likes this.
  5. troybert

troybert
    from muncie in.

some car's just look good with a set of them,I think the chrome lasted longer than the cragar wheels P1010001.JPG

Moriarity, enloe and hog mtn dave like this.
  6. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

7. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

8. ca

ca
    from SoCal

Old thread butttt I was a Keystone wheel freak. In my area of SoCal, Upland and Ontario and Pomona, in the 60s/early 70s it seemed us FORD freaks liked Keystone style and the Chevy dudes seemed to like Cragars more. Could be my oldass memory too.
    I worked "special" job for Mr. Benton(the owner of the company) in the Quality Control, Testing, Inspection area without a boss over my head so I had access to each part of the grounds. I learned that there were several variations of the Klassic wheels. There were cast one piece aluminum and two piece welded steel and two piece glued aluminum(centers) and steel(rims) types. They were used on street cars and up to Funny Cars. If there were ever any failures we tested on the remnants to find out the reason the park broke. I did a LOT of testing by stressing random wheels on a revolving, side load machine and crushed hundreds in a press etc. Hardest job in that place were the polisher operators. Those guys must have swallowed tons of polishing compound and cotton in just a weeks time. They were COVERED in the black dust from head to toe within 30 minutes of start time.
    They(Keystone) had just started importing 50 and 75cc mini trail bikes when my job ended. Mr. Benton and I had lunch at the Country Club again, and then he thinned the herd at the Ontario plant. ;)
    My next job I had to work as a janitor at Otis Elevator's custom and prototype plant. Seems someone had graduated from taking tools, steel and hydraulic parts to absconding with cases of toilet paper and that was the final straw.... LOL