Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Just dragged home, 1941 Ford Super Deluxe Tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiftiescat, Oct 9, 2015.

1. fiftiescat

fiftiescat
    from NY

Got this thing home last night. No motor/trans. Original rear still there. It was last registered in New York in 1978. Still has the '78 plate on the rear. Some questionable frenching has been done, but for $500, it's more solid than some $2000 cars I've seen (and bought). ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1444418086.335316.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1444418113.959229.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1444418132.603871.jpg

First question is if anyone on Long Island knows this car? It's got a terrible hood scoop and hoosiers on the back, It's so ugly I dig it. Second question, is what body parts are interchangeable on the 41-48's? I might just get it into a solid color and put an engine and trans in and call it a day, but I may want to actually repair and replace a few things. Got everything with it, except bumpers. Got the grille, working gauges, radio, all the handles, locks etc. I have a clean 256 Y-Block from my '54 Monterey I was considering using if it'll fit nicely. Wouldn't mind a flathead, but the 256 I already have.

We'll see what happens...

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. On the interchange, most body parts swap with the '42-48 cars except for the front sheetmetal, although you can swap complete front ends. A few minor differences in the front on the frame (mostly having to do with the front clip), easily addressed if you go this way. Nice score...

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

JEALOUS! GREAT SCORE!

I'm with you on the scoop, If you decide you can't hang with it on the road, it would make a GRAND wall hanger for sure!

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. fiftiescat

fiftiescat
    from NY

Thanks! really digging it. Always wanted s '41. Hopefully get all the parts cleaned out soon and have some more pictures. No disappointments so far.

5. 41deluxe

41deluxe

I just wanted to tell ya got a pretty cool car there.. Your right, that "nose" has to go..

6. fiftiescat

fiftiescat
    from NY

Thanks pal! I'll post up some more photos asap!